The birth to preschool coordinator is responsible for recruiting, training, and scheduling a team of volunteers to implement the Sunday Morning and Wednesday night curriculum and childcare programming. While the curriculum will have already been chosen, they will need to review and refine the curriculum to make it age/class appropriate, then communicate the plan to their team. Additionally, they will serve as an advocate for and organize their classroom spaces (i.e. inspect for dangers or mess, outdated/broken toys, request updates, etc). They will also meet with the CM coordinating team and their direct report, Pastor over birth to college, each week, as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, develop, and schedule your team
- Leads their team in making sure they are enforcing standards of safety, fun and Biblical truth.
- Develops a team that is well trained and excited about fulfilling their role
- Communicates weekly with the team to make sure that all spots are filled with a caring team member
- Plays an active role in teaching one birth through preschool classes.
- Review and refine the curriculum to make it age/class appropriate
- Review the chosen curriculum to make sure that the activities are age appropriate.
- Gather and prepare needed materials
- Communicating with the team the game plan
- Advocate for and organize the birth through preschool classrooms
- Inspect and report dangers, mess, outdated/broken toys, missing materials
- Keep clean of trash and mess, support and follow organization plan
- Make requests for purchase of new supplies/toys
- Implement new ways to make the classroom a fun and inviting space
- Execute additional assignments as they arrive
- Meet weekly with the CM Coordinating team and the Pastor over Birth through College
- Keep regular weekly office hours
- High School Diploma
- Proficient computer skills in Apple Software & Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly developed verbal, written and telephone communication skills with the ability to act on both a professional and personal level with people. Operates well independently with minimal direction/supervision, as well as within a team. Multitasking ability and attention to detail is essential
- Ability to learn new software programs quickly
- Proficient in technology including check-in systems, audio/visual equipment, and typical office environment applications
- Preferred Experience
- Bachelo’s degree
- Proven experience in ministry with children
- Proven experience in building effective teams
- Proven experience leading large teams of volunteers
- Additional projects and responsibilities may be necessary as requested by the Senior Pastor.
- Job descriptions at MPCC are fluid - meaning this job description represents the minimum expectations when it comes to tasks and areas you may be working in. The reality is that we work as a team and there are numerous other tasks that will require the participation of the person holding this position.
Personal & Spiritual Growth
- Essential Qualities
- Two words: PASSION and FUN. This person must have a contagious passion for discipling children and the development of families. This person must also have a sense of humor and a strong desire to “enjoy the journey”
- “Kid Magnet” – this person must naturally be drawn to and have the attention of children
- Enthusiasm and joy – a naturally “bright” face and smile
- Emotional and relational intelligence
- Loyalty and dedication to Mountain Park mission, values and leadership
- Spiritually mature Christian with consistent and long-term track record of Christ-like behavior
- Collaborative team leader who naturally motivates and encourages others
- Embrace and live out the philosophy that parents are the primary disciplers
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry Director (171702)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Midwest , Wisconsin
- October 26
Children's Pastor (232310)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Georgia
- October 26
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Director of Children's MinistryStrongsville United Methodist Church
- Strongsville, Ohio
- October 24
Children's PastorNew Hope
- Salem, Oregon
- October 17
Mountain Park Community Church
Mountain Park Community Church is committed to being a fun yet intentional place of worship. We are very serious about teaching the bible, but like to find fun and creative ways to share the message. It is our goal that our church be a safe place for people to visit and learn about Christ and how he transforms lives, while still challenging those who have accepted Christ as their savior to a more dangerous journey.
Our event calendar is full of activities, including Wednesday night programming, Women's and More...