About St Tom in the Hay
St Tom in the Hay is situated in an area in Northern Virginia that has and will continue to experience large population growth. Our church believes that we are all a part of a story; sometimes we see ourselves as the main characters, sometimes we think we
are bystanders with little control over the outcome. In reality we are each a part of a much grander story, an adventure if you will. It’s a story full of promise, and hope, a story that holds meaning for the lives we live, and the people we were intended
to be. We are inviting the community of Haymarket, VA to join us for this journey of discovery. As part of our staff team, your role will be to help equip this community— through leading, training, developing, teaching, and resourcing— to find their place
in God’s story.
- Passionate, enthusiastic, and authentic follower of Jesus
- Organize and lead a comprehensive and complex ministry
- Excellence in performing as both a vocalist and instrumentalist while leading a praise team
- Expertise in development, production, and resourcing of media to be used in worship
- Be a self-initiator possessing an entrepreneurial spirit with a desire to help people learn their place in God’s story
- Be a flexible team player
- Capture and participate in the overarching vision for St Tom in the Hay
- Plan, rehearse, and lead music for our modern worship experience throughout the year
- Provide audio and visual media for weekly worship services and other events as needed
- Recruit, train, lead, and rehearse with the praise team (volunteer singers and instrumentalists)
- Select and prepare music that fits with the overarching vision for St Tom in the Hay
- Supervise Sunday set-up and break down with regards to the band and audio visual equipment
- Plan and develop additional uses of media that enhance and support the worship experience
- Research, suggest, and apply relevant additions to improve our use of technology and social media mediums
- Encourage and model an atmosphere of continuous improvement and desire to remain up-to-date in technologies, equipment, products, and music that enables St Tom in the Hay to provide excellence in worship
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references as a PDF to: email@example.com. Please include videos (or links) that demonstrate your abilities in leading worship as well as media items you’ve created for worship services
and/or church marketing purposes.