Position Description: Children’s Ministry Director
Real Life Christian Church
The role of the Children’s Ministry Director (CMD) is to increase the love of Jesus and build a solid faith foundation within the children and families of Real Life Christian Church (RLCC). The CMD will lead all aspects of children nursery – 5th
grade by producing engaging and dynamic environments and events that will reach and equip those currently attending as well as those within our community. This will require a full grasp of beliefs, values and strategy of RLCC and the ability to align with
its mission, vision and values.
- This individual must demonstrate an ability to shepherd people as they will lead a large, high level volunteer team with a genuine sense of care.
- The CMD must possess a deep passion to see children, families and volunteers grow closer to Jesus.
This individual must demonstrate a shepherd’s heart for people and model biblical priorities by being committed to:
- Spending daily time in God’s Word.
- Leading/being a part of a Life Group.
- Developing personal evangelism and service opportunities within and outside the church ensuring our church is effectively engaging our community.
- Faithfully supporting the ministry of RLCC by committing to give at least 10% tithe.
- Lead all aspects pertaining to Children’s Ministry (Nursery – 5th Grade)
- Create and maintain an excellent facility for children.
- Ensure all current attendees and guests have an excellent service experience by feeling cared for, welcomed and informed as to what to expect.
- Ensure every area regarding safety including check-in, pick up, and every other area is of the highest child safety protocol.
- Develop and grow additional children’s worker volunteer base.
- Create, plan and evaluate a summer offering (VBS) that would reach children and parents within our community and within our church.
- Create summer activities that will engage children and parents in community at RLCC.
- Plan, lead and motivate children to attend Spring/Summer camp(s) where the children of RLCC will be challenged to grow spiritually.
- Create or locate the most age appropriate curriculum for each group Nursery – 5th grade.
- Demonstrate ability to evaluate effectiveness of plans and events to determine whether they should be done again, modified or canceled.
- Demonstrate intentional plans to grow new and existing volunteers in the areas of leadership development, personal/spiritual growth and with general children’s ministry practices.
- Care for volunteers by sending notes of encouragement and hosting an event(s) or conducting some act of individual appreciation to express gratitude for their efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Teachable and team-oriented spirit
- Must possess a shepherds heart
- Needs to be a self-starter
- Strong pulse on current Children’s Ministry offerings/ideas
- Gift of motivating people in order to raise up, train and encourage new leaders
- Energetic, creative and able to demonstrate ability to follow through on responsibilities
- Passionate about Jesus. Shares what God is revealing to him.
- Likable and highly relational
- 2-3 years previous ministry experience a plus
Reports to Lead Pastor and Executive Director
To apply, forward your information to firstname.lastname@example.org