Willow Drive Baptist Church in Lake Jackson is seeking a full-time Worship/Adult Education Leader. The candidate must have a deep love for Jesus Christ, His people, and the Bible. The candidate will also be able to read music, be proficient on and able to
lead with an instrument, have a pleasing singing ability and must be able to engage the heart of the people through music and words. For a full description of the position visit our website – www.wdbc.net or call 979.297.4079. Application deadline is March
The Worship leader will report to the Senior Pastor and must have a deep love for Jesus Christ, His people and the Bible; be a prayer warrior, rooted in the Word, enthusiastically support the vision and philosophy of the ministry of the church and regularly
attend worship service. The incumbent must have a passion for music and unity in the body, be community minded and demonstrate a lifestyle of worship. The incumbent will lead the music/visual ministry in Spirit and Truth (John 4:24). A secondary role will
be to develop, promote and administer the adult education ministries of the church.
The incumbent leads people by right example of life in the Spirit and service of the Lord (Gal. 4:22-26). His/her faith is growing stronger as evidenced in their life fulfilling “the Great Commandment”, loving God and loving people. This is a full time
- A minimum of a bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Strong communications skills with the staff, band and the congregation
- Passion to “pull heaven to earth”
- The ability to empower, utilize and develop the team
- Must read music and be proficient on an instrument, and have a pleasing singing ability.
- Possess a knowledge of hymns and new worship music.
- Must be teachable, humble and respectful of authority
- Be a team player that is trustworthy and will loyally support the other members of the church staff.
- Must be a growing believer (ABLE – as defined by Willow booklet)
- Pastoral Heart – able to engage the heart of the people through music and words
- Shall become a member of Willow Drive Baptist Church
- Is in agreement with the 1963 Baptist Faith and Message
- Worship Leader
- Weekly planning and leading of two worship services
- Planning and leading worship team rehearsals
- Develop and mentor instrumentalists and vocalists, including youth worship leaders
- Participate in staff meetings, events and training
- Responsible for sound, lighting and presentation software and the teams that run these
- Open to lead corporate ministry time, especially when Pastor Scott is gone
- Responsible for seasonal music needs and special events
- Serve as needed in other areas of ministry at Willow
- Responsible for own secretarial responsibilities such as making copies, mail-outs, etc.
- Adult Education
- Provide leadership, assistance and training for teachers within the adult ministries.
- Initiate and implement outreach and care ministries through the adult ministries.
- Carry out the disciple-making strategy of the church
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- PTO is defined as (but not limited to) time off for vacations, sickness, personal leave, etc.
- Distribution is as follows: 12 working days a year the first year plus one day for each year of employment at Willow Drive Baptist Church with a limit of 25 days. The first through third year, only two Sundays may be missed. After the third year, a third
Sunday may be included.
- Holidays – refer to Policy Handbook
At least one year.
Submit to email@example.com or mail to: Willow Drive Baptist Church, 200 Willow Drive, Lake Jackson, TX 77566