I. General Responsibilities
- Lead and oversee the various worship ministries of SAC.
- Be the primary worship leader for the contemporary services.
- Plan services for both traditional and contemporary services.
- Develop strong volunteers teams for music, tech and creative events.
- Give leadership to paid worship ministry staff.
- Carry out ministerial responsibilities and provide pastoral care as part of the SAC ministerial team.
- Align and promote worship ministry vision in harmony with the stated vision of SAC
II. Specific Responsibilities
- Plan and implement services for contemporary and traditional services that that glorify God, are Christ centered, edify believers and appeal to visitors.
- Stays abreast of new songs, styles and approaches of worship ministries in general and works to keep SAC worship services fresh and relevant.
- Meet weekly with the preaching pastor and the select staff to evaluate and plan worship and special services.
- Oversee the coordination of music and tech support for Special Services (Funerals, Weddings, Christmas Eve, Good Friday, etc.)
- Recruit and provide vision, direction, training and leadership for the sound, lighting and projection teams.
- Develop a video ministry team.
- Be responsible for the inventory, operation and maintenance of musical, sound, lighting and projection equipment across the campuses.
- Maintains working relationships with tech vendors, keeps up-to-date on technology developments in all pertinent tech areas and is prepared to propose purchases/upgrades as needed
- Support other ministry areas and special events of the church with sound, lighting, video and projection as needed.
- Create the annual worship ministry budget in conjunction with the Lead Pastor and treasurer and manage budgets well.
- Create long and short-range goals for worship ministries and for your personal life.
- Facilitate special concerts on campus that appeal to a variety of demographic groups
- Provide pastoral care to those within the worship ministries and their families.
- Provide ongoing discipleship and spiritual formation within team functions/rehearsals and in other settings as applicable.
The Worship/Music Pastor is accountable to the Lead Pastor and shall meet regularly with him for service planning, edification and accountability.
- A born-again believer
- Demonstrates a solid foundation of Biblical knowledge
- A teachable spirit and a team player
- Good leadership, management, equipping and communication skills
- Strong proficiency in musical skills and performance
- A four-year degree (music and/or ministry preferred)
- Previous worship ministry experience
- If married, must have a mature Christian spouse who is supportive of this ministry involvement