Assist Senior Pastor by focusing on pastoral care, new member assimilation, Christian Education (Grow Groups), and campus oversight as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Pray for Senior Pastor, ministerial and administrative staff and Church family.
- Support the financial obligations of the church through tithe and offerings.
- Be early and prepared for all scheduled meetings.
- Represent Pastor at requested meetings and conferences (may require giving presentations).
- Must establish and foster exemplary relationships with Staff/non-staff workers, church membership, business partners and community at large.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor and Chief Ministry Officer
LIAISON TO SENIOR PASTOR
- Provide pertinent information concerning counseling, sick and bereaved, baby dedications, membership coordination and trends.
- Support Senior Pastor by attending special engagements and traveling to guest churches.
- Perform wedding, funerals, baby dedications, house blessings and any other assigned engagement upon Senior Pastors request.
- Must be available at all times to assist senior pastor with preaching and teaching duties upon request.
- Responsible for serving as a research assistant to assist Pastor as needed
- Must be able oversee selected Kingdom campus locations upon request
PASTORAL CARE DUTIES
- Coordinate Pastoral Care Ministries in conjunction with Associate Ministers and Deacons
- Oversee all pastoral care and membership support functions (counseling, benevolence, bereavement, sick and shut in, prayer)
- Recruit, nurture, evaluate and train all Pastoral Care workers and processes
- Oversee the Connect Ministry (invite, intake, in-reach components)
- Oversee the new member’s assimilation process (Connect to New Member Graduation)
- Coordinate, continually assess, and enhance the following Pastoral Care and Membership Support programs and/or activities
- Hospital and Home Visitations
- Facilitation of the Lords Supper (Church and Home)
- 1st Touch (Bereavement, Baby dedication, New members)
- Benevolence Ministry
- Membership Support resources
ADULT CHRISTIAN EDUCATION DUTIES
- Directs the development of all adult Christian education (Grow Groups) programs to ensure future growth.
- Oversees, directs, develops, and implements discipleship and teaching programs for the church.
- Train and evaluate teachers to meet changing discipleship needs
- Provide thorough initial and on-going Christian education to congregation to allow them the opportunity to be effective Christ followers
- Screen all teaching components for appropriate doctrinal accuracy
- Assist in developing teaching curriculum for all adult Christian education components of the church upon request (i.e. Kingdom College, singles, marriage, men, women’s, etc)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Requires a bachelor's degree with at least 5-7 years experience in either ministry or management fields.
- Demonstrates expertise and resourcefulness in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Must possess the following skills: strategic planning, verbal and written communication, motivation, customer service, conflict resolution, multitasking, and project management.
- Must demonstrate the ability to receive instruction, interpret it, develop a plan of action, and communicate to necessary parties.
- Must be a self-motivated person who is able to be effective when working independently without supervision and produce results.
- Performs a variety of tasks.