Catalyst of Austin is a brand new church in the fastest growing city in the country - Austin, TX.
Our vision is to be "an urban church proclaiming the gospel of Jesus, making multi-cultural disciples and equipping them for the Kingdom mission in Austin and beyond ".
We launched in January 2016 and in a few months, have seen God use our new church to make Jesus known in Austin and beyond.
Just this June, the largest Newspaper in Austin, the Austin American-Statesman, published a full feature story on our journey to start a church in Austin. Through God's grace, our story of faith was shared with over 2 million people. Here is the link to the article: www.statesman.com/catalyst
Pastor Steve Blake was also recently featured in a Christian publication highlighting urban, mult-ethnic ministry. Here is the link to the article: http://christianstandard.com/2016/06/a-new-church-for-a-new-america/
We are humbled that in such a short time, God is using our church in such an amazing way!
We recently found out that the leader of our new Children's Ministry is having to move out of state and therefore, we are in the need of someone to continue building our most special ministry.
Our Catalyst Kids mission statement is "to help children to discover God's great love".
The Children’s Ministry Director for Catalyst Church must be a faithful follower of Jesus Christ and committed to serving on the Catalyst staff team to spread the gospel to as many as possible.
She/he must strive to have excellent leadership, interpersonal, recruiting, equipping, and organizational skills. The Children’s Ministry Director must communicate and relate well with the children, parents, volunteers, and fellow staff members. This individual must have a heart for children and a desire to see them learn to love and follow Jesus. Specifically, this individual must encompass the following:
- Must be a follower of Jesus who seeks to live a Kingdom advancing lifestyle.
- Must have strong organizational, leadership and team building skills
- Must have a strong understanding of the role of the local church and be a passionate supporter of its mission on the earth.
- Must strive to protect the unity of the church at all times and be vigilant to suppress the devil’s schemes to bring about division and discord.
- Must have a love for and commitment to the Word of God.
- Must be able to enthusiastically embrace and promote the vision, purpose, methods and style of ministry of Catalyst of Austin as directed by the Holy Spirit through the Lead Pastor and other leaders.
- Understand that there will be an expectation to help counsel and pray for members as needed.
- Have a willingness to be mentored and coached in areas of personal discipleship and ministry.
- As a member of the staff, the Children’s Ministry Director agrees to strive by Christ’s power to fulfill the attributes of Christian maturity for leadership outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:6-9
Below are additional roles and responsibilities, but does not outline all:
- Commitment to the staff team and necessary meetings.
- Continuously cast vision for Catalyst Kids (Catalyst Children’s Ministry).
- Create and implement policies and procedures for safety and health of children.
- Develop a Children’s Ministry Team that helps each child discover God’s great love.
- Recruit and train members of the Children’s Ministry team.
- Keep Children’s Ministry volunteers encouraged and engaged in providing a Spirit-filled program.
- Create/source biblical curriculum that fits with Catalyst’s philosophy of ministry.
- Work with Lead Pastor on budget for Sunday services and special programs.
- Work alongside Set Up/Break Down team to prepare the facility for children and then leave it as found.
- Communicate Children’s Ministry plans to the staff in a timely manner.
- Provide ample notice if not able to make it to service and has a plan of action in advance.
ALONG WITH OUR SUNDAY PROGRAMMING, WE ALSO DESIRE TO HELP FAMILIES HELP THEIR CHILDREN WITH DISCIPLESHIP, COMMUNITY AND MISSION.
The Children's Ministry Director will take a lead role with the following:
HELPING FAMILIES DISCIPLE CHILDREN
- At home resources.
- Follow up with parents.
- Workshops on how to raise our children in the discipline and instruction of the Lord (Eph 6:4).
EVENTS FOR RELATIONSHIP BUILDING
- Parents and children need spiritual community and so Catalyst Kids will plan kid-friendly events and fellowship times to facilitate these relationships.
- Develop relational leaders to facilitate ongoing relationship building.
CATALYST KIDS OUTREACH EVENTS
- It is never too early for our children to know the joy of having an impact on their friends and community for Jesus.
- Special Sunday and non-Sunday events to invite friends to.
- Kid-friendly community service events.
Catalyst of Austin is a brand new church that still relies on outside fundraising however a stipend for this role is possible based on experience and need. The right candidate for this role will have a missional heart that is excited about the opportunity to build a new ministry in an urban, multi-ethnic context.
If interested, contact our Lead Pastor, Steve Blake, at email@example.com or 240-508-9993. For more information on Catalyst of Austin and/or Steve, check out our website at www.catalystofaustin.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate PastorThe Bridge Church
- St. Francis, Minnesota
- January 23
Director of Children and Youth MinistriesBeloit First Christian Church
- Beloit, Kansas
- January 23
Associate Pastor of Children and Youth MinistriesBeloit First Christian Church
- Beloit, Kansas
- January 23
Executive PastorThe Meeting House
- Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- January 23
Associate PastorPeace Lutheran Church
- Hazen, North Dakota
- January 22
Catalyst of Austin
Catalyst of Austin is a new church in Austin, TX. We are change agents changing how people embrace God and engage our community! We embarked on this adventure out of a desire to create a culturally relevant expression of Jesus’ church that is still true to his life and teachings. With God’s guidance, we hope to create a church that is more relational than institutional. We want to create a spiritual space where God's people can truly participate rather than simply spectate.More...