The Student Ministry Pastor position exists to direct the spiritual growth of the middle school and
high school students of Victory Church. The Student Ministry Pastor serves in a typical “youth pastor”
role, ministering to students from 6th through 12th grades. They are responsible to lead a weekly
service for middle/high school students, direct an ongoing discipleship program for students
(including small groups), conduct several annual events such as camps, retreats, outreaches and
mission trips. The Student Ministry Pastor will also direct a summer internship program for high
school students, which serves as both a discipleship and ministry development opportunity. The
Student Ministry Pastor is responsible to recruit, train, and develop volunteer teams and leaders in
each ministry area, consisting of both students and adults. They will make sure the student ministry
is healthy and operates in a way that is consistent with the mission and guiding principles of the
church. The expectation of the Student Ministry Pastor is to give leadership that enables this
ministry area to grow “deep and wide,” attracting new students to bring numerical growth while
simultaneously creating an atmosphere for discipleship and spiritual growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a ministry related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar ministry position, preferably in an equivalent or larger
church size (1500+)
- Proven ability to grow a student ministry numerically and spiritually, preferably having given
oversight to a student ministry of 150+
- Strong communication abilities in writing, on the phone and face-to-face, including public speaking
- Positive, patient, friendly and professional attitude and demeanor
- Trustworthy, able to anticipate needs and priorities without oversight, focus on the tasks at hand
and efficient follow-through
- Computer literate, proficient with the Internet and all Microsoft Office programs (or the Mac
- Must be a licensed and ordained minister
- Must agree with Victory Church’s Statement of Faith
- Serve as an active member of the church congregation by attending services and church events
- Give direct spiritual and leadership oversight to all aspects of the middle and high school student
ministry of Victory Church.
- Serve as a traditional “youth pastor,” conducting a weekly service in which the Student Ministry
Pastor is the primary communicator.
- Manage any staff positions that related to the student ministry, such as an administrative assistant,
worship leader, etc.
- Recruit, train, and develop volunteer teams and leaders in each ministry area.
- Develop and administer a comprehensive spiritual growth plan for the students of Victory Church,
including small groups and other discipleship-focused programs.
- Conduct an annual summer camp/retreat, winter camp/retreat and mission trip.
- Host events targeted toward connecting unreached/unchurched students at least twice annually.
- Ensure that the Student Ministry is healthy, growing and operating in a way that is consistent with
the mission and guiding principles of Victory Church.
- Manage and operate within the Student Ministry budget.
- Provide Biblical counseling, prayer and ministry to people as needed, primarily (but not exclusively)
to students and their families.
- Provide other pastoral duties such as speak in main services, perform weddings, funerals and
baptisms, hospital visits, etc. as needed.
- Serve as an active member of the church congregation by attending services and church events.
Note: The Student Ministry Pastor is an exempt position and responsibilities will be performed in
approximately 50 hours per week.
For more information, please contact Juli Hobby: email@example.com or 303.426.8888