Your primary responsibility is to oversee the children’s ministries of Inland Hills Church as you help fulfill our mission “to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.” Your objective is to lead the IHC Kids and Fifty6 staff in identifying
and developing leaders and teams, using the meta-model to accomplish ministry goals while growing in your own personal leadership.
As a leader of leaders, you need to exemplify the 6Gs of an authentic follower of Christ (grace, growth, groups, gifts, giving, and going) and model a Christ like character of servant leadership. As a division leader (a “D”), you need to meet the same expectations
of the leaders you oversee. Above all, you need to exhibit your love for God with a positive attitude and a servant’s heart.
Your mission is to glorify God by leading and overseeing all aspects of children’s ministries, focusing your efforts on the following:
- supporting the community and mission of the church
- identifying and developing potential leaders
- developing and overseeing IHC Kids and Fifty6 Staff
- ensuring good stewardship of all ministry resources
- accurate, on-time performance
- proactive productivity
- thoughtful initiative
- clear, effective, and judicious communication
- project and issue ownership
- professional and friendly interactions
- continual growth and improvement
- diligent protection of the unity of the church
Support the Community and Mission of the Church
- Be a participating member of Inland Hills Church.
- Model what it means to be an authentic follower of Christ.
- Uphold the church and its leaders in prayer.
- Affirm and encourage all leaders and volunteers.
- Support the vision, objectives, and strategies of the Sr. Pastor and Board of Directors.
Identify and Develop Staff and Leaders
- Be the primary leader and public “face” for children’s ministries.
- Cast vision for IHC Kids and Fifty6 staff, ministry leaders and volunteers.
- Identify rising leaders and challenge them to progress.
- Coach, shepherd, and train all children’s staff, holding regular one-on-ones, team meetings, and huddles.
- Use the meta-model for growth and discipleship.
Give Leadership to Strategic Planning, Activities and Events
- Create and support a growth environment and leadership culture for IHC Kids and Fifty6.
- Lead weekly meetings for accountability, planning, problems solving & growth.
- Refresh systems so ministries are structured for growth.
- Identify programming objectives and develop supporting activities.
- Consistently communicate with families for support and information.
- Align activities with the vision and values of IHC, ensuring cultural relevancy.
- Initiate all planning and directives for IHC Kids and Fifty6, utilizing leaders and teams for plan execution.
- Teach when needed at services, retreats, and programs.
- Attend IHC kids and Fifty6 related events, including camps.
Provide Leadership and Oversight to the Elementary Department (Timing Uncertain)
- Vision cast, motivate and equip team members.
- Pray for, meet with, and encourage coaches and their volunteer teams.
- Develop team(s) to produce our large group time that is engaging and effective.
- Develop team(s) to create and produce curriculum that is Christ centered, age appropriate & fun.
- Observe and evaluate all aspects of Sunday services.
- Research and develop new and inventive ways to reach kids.
Ensure Good Stewardship of IHC Kids and Fifty6 Resources
- Approve department budgets and operate within them.
- Safeguard facilities, equipment, and other resources.
- Encourage balanced living and “margin” in self and others.
The Children’s Pastor also assists with other duties as required by the Associate Director and Senior Associate Pastor.