Your primary responsibility is to oversee the children’s ministries of Inland Hills Church as you help fulfill our mission “to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.” Your objective is to lead the IHC Kids and Fifty6 staff in identifying and developing leaders and teams, using the meta-model to accomplish ministry goals while growing in your own personal leadership.
As a leader of leaders, you need to exemplify the 6Gs of an authentic follower of Christ (grace, growth, groups, gifts, giving, and going) and model a Christ like character of servant leadership. As a division leader (a “D”), you need to meet the same expectations of the leaders you oversee. Above all, you need to exhibit your love for God with a positive attitude and a servant’s heart.
Your mission is to glorify God by leading and overseeing all aspects of children’s ministries, focusing your efforts on the following:
- supporting the community and mission of the church
- identifying and developing potential leaders
- developing and overseeing IHC Kids and Fifty6 Staff
- ensuring good stewardship of all ministry resources
- accurate, on-time performance
- proactive productivity
- thoughtful initiative
- clear, effective, and judicious communication
- project and issue ownership
- professional and friendly interactions
- continual growth and improvement
- diligent protection of the unity of the church
Support the Community and Mission of the Church
- Be a participating member of Inland Hills Church.
- Model what it means to be an authentic follower of Christ.
- Uphold the church and its leaders in prayer.
- Affirm and encourage all leaders and volunteers.
- Support the vision, objectives, and strategies of the Sr. Pastor and Board of Directors.
Identify and Develop Staff and Leaders
- Be the primary leader and public “face” for children’s ministries.
- Cast vision for IHC Kids and Fifty6 staff, ministry leaders and volunteers.
- Identify rising leaders and challenge them to progress.
- Coach, shepherd, and train all children’s staff, holding regular one-on-ones, team meetings, and huddles.
- Use the meta-model for growth and discipleship.
Give Leadership to Strategic Planning, Activities and Events
- Create and support a growth environment and leadership culture for IHC Kids and Fifty6.
- Lead weekly meetings for accountability, planning, problems solving & growth.
- Refresh systems so ministries are structured for growth.
- Identify programming objectives and develop supporting activities.
- Consistently communicate with families for support and information.
- Align activities with the vision and values of IHC, ensuring cultural relevancy.
- Initiate all planning and directives for IHC Kids and Fifty6, utilizing leaders and teams for plan execution.
- Teach when needed at services, retreats, and programs.
- Attend IHC kids and Fifty6 related events, including camps.
Provide Leadership and Oversight to the Elementary Department (Timing Uncertain)
- Vision cast, motivate and equip team members.
- Pray for, meet with, and encourage coaches and their volunteer teams.
- Develop team(s) to produce our large group time that is engaging and effective.
- Develop team(s) to create and produce curriculum that is Christ centered, age appropriate & fun.
- Observe and evaluate all aspects of Sunday services.
- Research and develop new and inventive ways to reach kids.
Ensure Good Stewardship of IHC Kids and Fifty6 Resources
- Approve department budgets and operate within them.
- Safeguard facilities, equipment, and other resources.
- Encourage balanced living and “margin” in self and others.
The Children’s Pastor also assists with other duties as required by the Associate Director and Senior Associate Pastor.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
New Hope Kids Campus/Site DirectorNew Hope Church
- Manvel, Texas
- October 24
West Campus Children's Ministry CoordinatorCalvary Church
- St. Peters, Missouri
- October 24
Director of Children's MinistryStrongsville United Methodist Church
- Strongsville, Ohio
- October 24
Children's Ministry DirectorCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Children's Ministry Director/PastorCornwall Church
- Bellingham, Washington
- October 20