The primary responsibility of the Young Adult Pastor at Pinelake Reservoir is to provide spiritual, visionary, team-based, value-driven leadership for the Young Adults and servant leaders in a manner consistent with the purpose, vision, core values and major
objectives as expressed in the Strategic Ministry Plan.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Plan, develop, oversee and evaluate all components of the Young Adult Ministry, primarily focusing upon adults ages 18-26.
- Establish goals and objectives with young adults for the ministry and initiate strategies to fulfill them.
- Develop and implement avenues for leading young adults to learn from, live in, and lead others to Christ.
- Lead Young Adults to value becoming a part of the Local Body at Pinelake Reservoir through salvation, baptism, membership, service, community and disciple-making pathway.
- Support the small group philosophy of Pinelake by developing and carrying effective processes to assimilate students into small group community.
- Establish, develop and lead a discipleship culture at the college campuses strategically situated near the Reservoir Campus by training and coaching leaders to be disciple makers.
- Plan and promote activities to support the Young Adult strategy and supervise the communication of these activities to other staff members and the church congregation as appropriate.
- Develop a leadership and servant leader support structure to ensure oversight, discipleship; maturation and encouragement are carried out through ministry.
- Lead Young Adults to value living a missional life and “going” while in the Young Adult Ministry at Pinelake Reservoir.
- Supervise the enlistment, training and evaluation of all servant leaders in the Young Adult Ministry; provide training opportunities in keeping with the principles taught in Ephesians 4:11-12.
- Regularly communicate with the Adult Groups Team Leader and servant leaders regarding the strategies of the Young Adult Ministry and schedule activities as specified by Pinelake policy and procedures.
- Prepare and manage the budget for the Young Adult Ministry in conjunction with the Adult Groups Team Leader.
- Work annual staff development plan with Campus Pastor to ensure growth professionally and spiritually.
- Assist other ministers as necessary in the successful completion of regular worship events and special events.
- Work in association with related ministries at other campuses.
- Perform administrative duties such as compiling reports, preparing expense reports and completing purchasing orders as specified by church policy.
Bachelor’s degree and one to four years of related experience.