Willow Hills Baptist Church
Prescott, Az. 86301
Application can be downloaded @ http://www.willowhills.com/application.htm
Youth Pastor Job Expectations
Primary Task: Build a healthy, self sustaining youth ministry that is Biblically faithful, culturally relevant, and an integrated part of the body of Christ at WHBC.
We believe that achieving this will require the development of a ministry structure (including activities, teen services, camp), discipling of teens, and the recruiting and training of ministry leaders so that the ministry will outlast the youth pastor.
We believe a healthy youth ministry will include:
- A ministry of outreach that brings in unsaved and unchurched teens and exposes them to the love, hope, and truth found in Christ communicated in ways that connect with their lives.
- A ministry of evangelism that sees teens confronted with the Gospel and responding by repenting of their sins and personally embracing all that is offered in Christ.
- A ministry of discipleship that sees teens growing in wisdom as they learn God’s Word and in fruitfulness as they yield to the Holy Spirit’s work in their lives.
- A ministry of worship that helps teens see the glory of God and feel compelled to seek to please Him.
- A ministry of assimilation as teens become an active part of the life and ministry here at WHBC by using their time, talents, and treasures to minister to others and glorify God.
Secondary Task: Help integrate a more blended worship environment during our 11am worship service by introducing more contemporary elements to the music.
This will include:
- Working with the Worship Leader to select contemporary music for the 11am service (2-3 songs per week)
- Recruit and develop a praise team/ band for the contemporary element of the service
- Other various task as assigned by the Senior Pastor
General Information of Church and Job:
- Church Denomination: Southern Baptist
- Church Size: 300-350 in average weekly worship
- Job Type: Full Time
- Minimum Education: Bible College Degree
- Must be in Doctrinal Agreement with “The Baptist Faith and Message”
- Salary: $36,000+ -compensation will be determined based on experience and education