Community Groups Director
Chestnut Ridge Church
Progressive and growing mega-church is seeking a full-time Community Groups Director.
You will join with a dynamic staff team in a grace-filled environment taking cues from North Point Ministries and Willow Creek Community Church.
The Community Groups Director will have strong relational, leadership, team building, systems development, discernment and organizational skills and is responsible for providing leadership, vision, direction, support, and development for
the Community Groups, Starting Point and Mosaic Singles staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and oversee CRC strategy within the context of Community groups.
- Provide coaching, training and support for Community Group leaders.
- Identify, recruit, place and develop leaders who in turn lead and develop group leaders.
- Assimilate adults into authentic biblical community which facilitates life change.
- Assess the health of each community group and help leaders create and multiply healthy groups.
- Oversee the implementation, training and development of the community groups’ assimilation team/program.
- Work with Executive Pastor and Community team to develop the yearly ministry plan and budget for the adult community group’s ministries.
- Participate in other staff and leadership development meetings/forums as needed (weekly staff meeting, doctrinal training time, town halls, etc.)
- Speak in other environments, including weekend services and other larger group settings.
- Actively engage in the life of CRC by gathering, connecting, serving, giving and inviting.
- Perform other duties as assigned (to include weddings, funerals, baptisms and other pastoral functions).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience leading groups, as well as building and sustaining systems that facilitate 50+ groups.
- Self-motivated, not needing micromanagement, yet loves to live life with a team.
- A minimum of an earned Bachelor’s Degree in an area of concentration that has equipped them for vocational ministry.
- Outgoing with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A passion for building relationships, investing in people and building purposeful community.
- Full-time experience working in a church of over 2,000+ is preferred.
- Align with the vision, values and beliefs of Chestnut Ridge Church
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Exempt/ Salaried
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Interested applicants can apply at: theridge.church/jobs