DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION THROUGH CHURCHSTAFFING.COM WEBSITE. TO APPLY, SEND RESUME AND BIO (INCLUDE PICTURES, PREACHING VIDEO LINKS) TO RESUMES@ALCLIVE.COM (SUBJECT: YOUTH PASTOR RESUME 2015).
Abundant Life Church is a large church (850+) located just south of Baltimore, MD in Glen Burnie.
The church was founded in 1957 and has just elected their next lead pastor, Nate Drye. Nate has been on staff since 2008 and moved from the Executive Pastor role into Lead Pastor in 2014. Abundant Life Church has a reputation of being outward focused and community driven. This is clearly seen in annual events and group values. Outreach is not a team of people at Abundant Life Church, but rather a value lived out by each group. The church has a small paid staff and lots of volunteers. The style of worship and community can be seen by viewing the celebrations (services) online at the website (or on livestream).
Abundant Life Church is looking for a pastor to lead and establish a youth ministry. Having a history involving para church ministry partnerships has enabled the church to focus and foster evangelism well. However, the church currently has a great need for discipleship and relationship driven ministry, specifically among teens and young adults. The Youth Ministry is presently in a time of rebuilding. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape and mold the ministry within the broader vision of the church. The focus of this position will be developing a dynamic program that lays the groundwork for connecting with youth and the community. The church desires to see the youth ministry grow and serve, not only inside the church, but also out in their community together.
Abundant Life Church is a growing and influential church just on the outskirts of Baltimore, Maryland. This Assemblies of God and WCA affiliated church has grown to roughly 850 in attendance and has plans for continued expansion. Abundant Life Church has a mision of Sincere Acceptance, introducing everyone to God's grace and love. Similarly, Abundant Life Church seeks to disciple Sincere Acceptance past an invitation and into a life challenge.
The Youth Pastor at Abundant Life Church will be responsible for all of the youth ministry activities and groups. This person is expected to think strategically about the growth of the ministry and how to reach students who are in the church, and outside of the walls.
The successful candidate will need to maintain personal relationships with students, staff, and volunteers while also having a strategic vision for growing the Youth Ministry. He/she will display a significant amount of growth potential, and will be balanced in the areas of strategic and relational abilities. He/ she will be able to cast vision and direction, as well as lead the way, while remaining strongly relational in order to cultivate and build relationships with volunteers and staff. This person will be able to work well with the pastoral staff, but will also need to have other employment to supplement income. It is our vision to increase the responsibilities of this job to Full Timeas the ministry grows.
The Baltimore/ Washington DC area is at the center of metropolitan, military, and health care networks. Known for the "Beltways" that circle each city, the commuter lifestyle is one that is fast paced, driven, and ripe for competitive professional development. Home of the Baltimore Ravens, Baltimore Orioles, Washington Redskins, and Washinton Wizards, there is much opportunity for the professional sports fan to see any major league event. With Johns Hopkins hospital networks and the Capital within an hour's drive, there are also multiple opportunities for some of the best healthcare and most popular weekend trips one can imagine. The school systems are very competitive, for all ages and degree programs. The cost of loving in the Baltimore is considerably high, so financial responsibility is demanded.
Cultivate and grow ministry to all youth and young adults in the church (beginning with 6th grade students), to support the production teams by engaging volunteers and leadership development.
- Value our team. Adhere to ALC’s personnel policy.
- Consistently advance mission at ALC.
- Recruit, manage, develop and lead paid and unpaid staff necessary to accomplish the mission of ALC.
- Provide oversight to the management of your ministries (including budgets, reporting, safety, etc.).
- Serve as primary leader and communicator for celebrations targeted at youth and young adults.
- Communicate the overall vision, goals, and strategy of the youth and young adult ministries to parents and to the church.
- Any duties deemed necessary by supervisor.
GIFTS, PASSIONS, AND SKILLS DESIRED
- Leadership, Encouragement, and Teaching.
- Evangelizing, discipling, relationship building with students and parents, use relevant methods for teaching/ preaching, help teens apply God’s word, develop volunteers to have personal ministry with youth and young adults.
- Administration skills (planning, budgeting, organization), team building, recruiting.
- Some seminary education or proper theological training.
- Office organization and computer skills (basic).
- Ability to be trained and work with our Church Database (Church Community Builder).
- A par ttime salary will be paid for the duties performed commensurate with experience and responsibilities.
- Employee handbook details guidelines regarding all time off, comp time benefits, and retirement benefits for staff.
- 403(b) retirement benefits are available.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student Pastor - 1766MinisterSearch
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- January 21
Student Ministries Pastor - 1759MinisterSearch
- Austin Area, Texas
- January 21
Family Care Pastor (Student Ministry Focus)Evangel Church
- Lewistown , Pennsylvania
- January 20
Student Ministries CoordinatorNewbreak Church
- San Diego, California
- January 20
Student Ministry Director - 1736MinisterSearch
- Doylestown, Pennsylvania
- January 20