Roswell United Methodist Church in suburban Atlanta, Georgia, is seeking a full-time Creative Worship Director who will join forces with the Associate Pastor: GROW to dream, plan, and execute a new, innovative, non-traditional worship experience targeting
18 to 30-year-olds and members of the community not currently plugged into a church.
As the vision for this experience continues to unfold, it is essential that the Creative Worship Director be willing to both lead and collaborate in a creative environment that embraces new ideas and also works hard to achieve set goals and objectives within
This position is responsible for assembling and leading a weekly worship team, exploring and selecting appropriate music, and designing audio/visual elements meant to enhance the experience. It will be dependent on this person to coordinate and hold worship
team rehearsals, communicate with members of the planning team, and assemble all necessary technical and visual needs on a weekly basis. We are looking for a well-rounded, skilled, and creative musician with fresh ideas, helpful insights and relatable experience
– not necessarily in a church setting.
Qualifications of a model candidate:
- Degree in music or related field and/or demonstrated experience in a comparable setting.
- Passion for providing a high-quality worship experience.
- Outside-the-box thinker and problem solver, while also demonstrating theological discernment.
- Strength in leadership of teams. Demonstrates servant leadership and works collaboratively in planning, organizing, delegating and leading teams of staff and volunteers; effective conflict management skills.
- Organized, highly self-motivated, ability to plan ahead and effectively prioritize.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- High degree of expertise in vocal and instrumental music and with production of creative digital materials for use in worship experiences and ministry or community events.
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. A full range of benefits would be disclosed during the interview process; there is no allowance for relocation expenses. Please see detailed job description: www.rumc.com/jobs. Send resume to email@example.com