The Student and Outreach Director’s primary responsibilities are in the areas of discipling middle and high school students, and mobilizing the Vineyard Church at large to reach our communities through servant evangelism.
What We're Looking For
We’re looking for someone to fill a pastoral role in the area of Student Ministries and Outreach into our communities.
We are looking for someone who is prepared to help us develop the best possible unleashing of the message of the Gospel to students today, in their language, and in a way that equips each teenager to find and follow God wholeheartedly.
We are looking for someone who responds to a heart burden for the communities where God has placed this church family (and those where He is leading us!), by taking action and mobilizing this church to reach into and serve those in these communities.
We are looking for someone who seeks their significance through authentic service in a church family; someone who's a team player; and, someone whose first priority is to live life in a healthy, growing relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, heart,
pursuit and behavior.
- At least 2-3 years experience in ministry with the result of influencing growth in numbers, teams, and most importantly, changed lives.
- A four-year degree is a strong plus but not essential.
- A passion to see students, families and those in our communities grow in their faith.
- Called to discipling students and leaders.
- Truly love the local church and have a heart for the big picture.
- Relationally driven, loves to laugh, teachable, strives for excellence, team builder, team player, planner and handles conflict well.
- A marathoner, not a sprinter - cultivating a discipleship culture in our community takes time.
- The ability to effectively and practically teach God’s Word to students.
- The ability to recruit, train, and empower adults to minister and serve as a team with students and in outreach in general.
- Possess the ability to lead and develop multiple levels of volunteers and paid staff and delegate to others.
- The capacity and ability to take Vineyard Student Ministries to the next level, and continue to do so as God provides growth.
- Evidence of a servant’s heart in the position, at home and in the community.
- Great with those who are not yet Christians along with a passionate intention to share the Gospel with them in relevant, practical and understandable ways.
- Someone who is organized and intentional.
Job Description (Overview)
- Create Student Ministry systems that are reproducible and that effectively achieve the mission, purpose and goals of the Vineyard Church.
- Lead and facilitate (and disciple others to do the same) weekly student ministry programs that are relevant and attractional to students in the communities where God has placed us and is leading us to go.
- Provide relevant Bible-based curriculum for all programs.
- Recruit, train and empower student and adult volunteer leaders.
- Make the healthy growth of volunteer teams a priority.
- Lead students as they attend summer camps, mission trips, retreats, etc.
- Create opportunities to have contact with students beyond regularly scheduled church events/programs - get to know them and their families.
- Attend weekly student ministry team and other staff meetings.
- Plan and execute effective, strategic and regularly scheduled church-wide outreach events.
- Pursue and build positive relationships with schools, businesses and others in the communities where God is leading us next.
- Create, manage and adhere to annual ministry budgets
- Great organizational skills: anticipate and procure curriculum, equipment, and resources annually and handle additional needs that may occur throughout the year.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and make excellent communication a priority.
If you would like TO APPLY for this position, the next step is to complete our
Online Topgrading Career History Form.
To do so, PLEASE Click the APPLY NOW button below.