Student/Congregational Worship Pastor
This is a full-time position that will focus on leading both the student ministry (junior and senior high) and worship ministry of the church. This person will be a passionate follower of Jesus who has a love for discipling students and leading people in
worship. This position requires someone who is an evangelical, Bible-believing Christian, who is musically gifted and possesses strong relational and organizational skills, and who seeks to build a grace-oriented, relational ministry.
Our hope is that this combination role will spin off into two specialization roles within the next 5 years: Full-time Student Pastor and Full-time Associate Pastor over Worship Ministries.
Job Description for Student/Congregational Worship Pastor:
- Reports to the Senior Pastor
- Demonstrates a sincere interest and care for those served by the pastoral staff of Trinity Church and for the entire ministry of Trinity
- Abide within the doctrinal positions of Trinity Church as expressed in the EFCA Statement of Faith and core church documents (Constitution & Bylaws, Staff Handbook, Financial Policies & Procedures)
- The primary responsibility of this position will be spent overseeing & developing the student ministry (7th-12th grade) by leading/overseeing small groups, planning weekly gatherings, meeting with individuals to develop relationships
and discipling a youth leadership team; while the secondary responsibility will be spent planning and leading weekly worship and developing/discipling the worship team members
- Assisting the church staff to help provide direction & vision for the overall church
- Recruit, oversee and develop ministers
- Ability to work well within a team ministry structure, leading and empowering the team members to serve within their gift and skill mix
As A Staff Member:
- Participate in weekly staff meetings by providing input for overall growth & direction of the church
- Meet regularly with Senior Pastor for mentoring, growth & accountability
- Be active in the overall life of the church (participate in the life of the Body, support other ministries, etc.)
- Oversee the preparation of the budget annually for these two ministries in conjunction with the Senior Pastor, Church Administrator, and Finance Team
As Student Pastor:
- Lead students into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by setting a godly example, building relationships, Bible teaching, etc.
- Provide weekly discipleship opportunities for spiritual growth (weekly small & large group gatherings, mentoring, reaching out to both churched & unchurched students, etc.)
- Plan/schedule special events as needed (retreats, summer mission trips, youth conferences, etc.)
- Continue to work with adult leaders (recruiting and training)
- Communicate with parents through newsletters, announcements, website, etc.
As Congregational Worship Pastor:
- Plan/lead weekly worship service
- Cast vision for the worship ministry to draw people into a deeper relationship with God in Jesus Christ
- Work with worship team to schedule rehearsals, vocalists, instrumentalists, etc. each week
- Bring in occasional guest bands, artists, etc.
- Recruit, train and deploy new musicians
Reporting and Accountability
The primary line of accountability is to the Lord of the Church, Jesus Christ. The human level of accountability is to the Senior Pastor, who reports to the Elder Board. The Senior Pastor shall conduct an Annual Ministry Review for the purpose of evaluating
ministry and human effectiveness.