To help fulfill YNCC’s mission “to lead people to Christ and become like him” at the Jefferson Campus by providing comprehensive leadership over the college ministry and be part of the team to fulfill the mission of YNCC to lead people to Christ and become
The College Pastor is to champion leading students to Christ and becoming like Him. He or she is responsible for cultivating and ensuring all aspects of spiritual growth and development of university-aged students who attend Jefferson campus. This includes
leadership for all programming, teaching, events, and management in support of the overall vision, mission, and purpose of YNCC at Jefferson campus.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIMARY FUNCTIONS
- Create a strategic plan to reach out to USC campus and to foster a spiritually rich and vibrant local church environment for college students to connect and to grow.
- Lead a team of volunteers in the overall development and operation of a relevant college ministry embodying the mission of YNCC.
- Create and plan a calendar that will encompass all of the programming needs of the ministry to fulfill the mission to lead college students to Christ and to become like Him.
- Hold regular volunteer meetings for college ministry volunteers and leaders to communicate the mission and inspire and activate volunteers.
- Pastor the students and leaders throughout the week in preparation for outreach events and to integrate college students into the life of the Sunday experience at Jefferson. This includes visits to homes, hospitals, schools, etc.
- Have a regular presence on USC campus, investing in relationships and strategically networking and partnering with other campus ministries and organizations.
- Become a part of the Jefferson staff team that is intentional about working in unity to carry out the mission of the church.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the lead pastor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
This position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree preferably in biblical studies, ministry, or a similar discipline. The successful person in this position will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, having relevant ministry experiences and possessing
a passion to see college students led to Christ and become like Him.
POSITION STRUCTURE AND LEVEL
Reporting: This position reports to the Lead Pastor.
Organization: This position is part of the Pastoral Staff of YNCC at Jefferson campus.