Bringing up children in the Christian faith is a vital ministry in the church. The position of Children’s Ministry Coordinator is a visible networking leader with an obvious prayerful passion for ministering to Children and their families. The Children’s
Ministry Coordinator accepts the vital leadership role to effectively initiate, organize, and support for an innovative children's ministry at Jefferson Campus of YNCC with the mission of leading kids to Christ and become like Him.
Children, Youth, & Families Pastor
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in providing leadership, facilities, and resources for a safe and effective ministry to children at the Jefferson Campus. Ensuring a process and systems are in place to reach children for Christ and help them to become like Him.
- Recruiting of children’s volunteers, developing, and enforcing Celebration Kids mission.
- Work with volunteer leaders to encourage and maximize effectiveness.
- Assist in leadership/volunteer teacher training and development.
- Assist with the coordination of all communication with children, parents, and volunteers.
- Oversee preparation of weekly operational duties:
- Curriculum for Infants, Toddlers, Preschool, PreK & Kinder, Elementary
- Volunteer coverage
- Assist in all Children’s Ministry Programs, Curriculum and Special Events
- Coordinate ideas into a plan to provide children’s ministry and facilities planning
- Assist to ensure that the church’s ministries for children run excellently
- Assess and recommend curriculum
- Assist in planning of special events
- Assist in the planning and development of Family Ministry programs
- Provide input and oversight of Jefferson Celebration Kids communication tools
- Database Development (Fellowship One)
- Web content development for Celebration Kids
- Assist in Maintaining Accurate Children’s Ministry Budget
- Study and understand the spiritual and other developmental needs of children within the church and in the greater community the church serves.
- Remain current on trends, teaching methods, materials, promotional ideas, administrative methods, and other children’s ministry techniques, and implement these as appropriate.
- These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of your job requirements and other skills, the job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of your immediate supervisor.
Qualifications, skills, and gifts
- A solid, growing relationship with Christ. Spiritual and emotional maturity
- Heart and passion for children
- Should have relevant ministry experiences
- A self starter – able to work independently
- A spirit of submission, eagerness to learn and willing to do whatever needs to be done.
- Ability to handle money responsibly.
- A teachable and cooperative spirit - Team Player. Has team-building skills and understands the value of involving others and delegating. Able to work well with others and ability to communicate with and relate to people of all ages
- Knows his/her own limitations
- A growing edge - always learning from books, others, and difficulties
- Very careful in relationships with the opposite sex
- Character (able to "hold the line under fire, make tough decisions, do the right things for the right reasons with integrity")
- Significant computer skills, including but not limited to working knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing, database management, voicemail and email management
- Ability to communicate using phone, email, text, social networks, and face-to-face meetings
- Ability to lead/motivate/train/develop a large group of volunteers
- Ability to delegate without abandonment
- Flexibility as ministry demands shift
- A sense of humor!
- An ongoing display of Christ-like behavior, treating others with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- Regular, timely attendance in the workplace.
- Complies with the Background Check process.