The Payroll Specialist will assist the Director of Finance with general accounting duties including payroll, contributions, account reconciliation, assisting in managing the general ledger for the church, along with serving the various ministries of the
church with their financial needs.
We are a large non-deominational church seeking a qualified candidate to the fill the position of Payroll specialist. Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years payroll experience, have a clear understanding of housing allowance, be proficient in Microsoft
Word and Excel, computerized accounting programs (Shelby preferrable or will train), and the ability to recruit and retain volunteers.
Specific qualifications and job duties are as follows:
- Entry and processing of bi-weekly payroll. Calculate, track, record, and assist staff in understanding paid time off, overtime, housing allowance, and other policies applicable to payroll.
- Supervise volunteer counters for recording and receipting contributions, as well as tracking and receipting non-cash donations.
- Supply contribution information.
- Calculate and enter General Ledger information for payroll, deposits, and adjustments.
- Assist the staff in new employee orientation.
- Maintain offering, attendance and personnel budget reports.
- Provide assistance in yearend audit preparation.
- Assist Director of Finance and Director of Operations in serving the ministries in various projects.
The Payroll Specialist is a fulltime position with full benefits.