Roswell United Methodist Church in suburban Atlanta, Georgia, is seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) Director of Finance, responsible for direction and oversight of the Finance Department and all financial operations and funds of RUMC. The Director of Finance
will demonstrate collaborative and consultative leadership and problem-solving with church staff and committees; research and implement process improvements and process efficiencies to increase the effectiveness of the current Finance Department and its functions;
and interface with laity to encourage year-round stewardship.
Qualifications of a successful candidate:
- MBA and/or CPA preferred. Minimum of four years with college degree in finance or accounting.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible accounting and financial experiences working in a corporate or non-profit environment. Management, leadership, and supervisory experience are mandatory.
- A strong composition of many of the following spiritual gifts: administration, discernment, wisdom, leadership, teamwork, and service.
- Demonstrated competence with financial accounting, control, and reporting methods and standards within a non-profit or corporate environment.
- Broad understanding of financial models and the ability to fluently discuss the impact on decisions, with a full understanding of financial institution profitability systems.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data for the purpose of improving systems and maximizing overall financial performance of the church.
- Strong business acumen in planning, finance, budgeting, management, and system automation
- Willingness to learn new technology and skills to maintain efficiency and relevance in the areas of finance, accounting, and reporting and communication systems (currently Shelby).
- Proven success with applying automation, process improvements, and/or outsourcing of existing processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of a Finance Department staff.
- Adept at building strategic working relationships with staff and key lay committee volunteers.
- Strong communication and coaching skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-generational, diverse setting using advanced listening and facilitation skills.
- Willingness and flexibility to attend evening and weekend meetings and events as necessary.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. A full range of benefits would be disclosed during the interview process, which will include background screening and credit history, as well as previous employment and education verification; there
is no allowance for relocation expenses. Please see detailed job description: www.rumc.com/jobs; send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org