- The Technical Director is responsible for overseeing all elements of sound, lighting and media for the church; the computer network for the entire facility; and assisting in art direction.
- This person will function under the direct supervision of the Worship Pastor, overseen by the Executive Pastor.
- $18.00 to $22.00 per hour
- Estimated 25-40 hours per week including Wednesday evenings, Saturday evenings, Sunday mornings and other days/times as necessary for special events. This position will be either part-time or full-time depending on availability of the candidate,
skill set and knowledge of the candidate, as well as consideration of internal staffing and skill sets.
- Please submit resume to: Jobs@NewLifeTucson.com or mail/deliver to
4900 W Cortaro Farms Rd, Tucson, AZ 85742 (Attn: Kyle Fleischmann)
- A committed Christian who will participate and engage in the New Life community.
- Feel comfortable with the culture and doctrine of New Life as presented in our
30 Core Competencies and our Teaching Doctrinal Statement (www.newlifetucson.com)
- A bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of sound, lighting and media presentation.
- Knowledge of servers, networks, computers, and software.
- Knowledge of branding, art direction and art/media production.
- Must be able to lead meetings when necessary and be available for church meetings as needed.
- Good relational skills and a heart to care for people.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Oversee all sound, theatrical lighting and media presentation for weekend services and special events.
- Recruit, organize, develop and schedule personnel for services and technically supported events.
- Assist administration in calendaring and facilities requests.
- Support technology and media needs throughout the church: computer, televisions, DVD players, projection units and mobile sound systems.
- Maintain equipment: microphones, cables, power strips, power conditioners, server, computers, software updates, sound system, lighting system and media.
- Receive training and offer training to sound, lighting, media and camera operators.
- Assist in photography and video projects as necessary.
- Assist in art direction for all print and web pieces for New Life. This includes bulletin inserts, ministry flyers and brochures, website graphics, Facebook pictures, advertising, and other projects as necessary.
- Inform and enforce branding style guide.
- Assist in copy editing as necessary for all print and web pieces.
- Maintain the online sermon and class audio archives.
- Assist in Facebook and other social media campaigns
- Research the latest technology and present ideas to leadership concerning more effective and efficient equipment.
- Assist in securing the building after services and events.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Work in harmony with the Elders, Staff, Ministry Team Leaders and teachers.
- Minister to the needs of the Technical Team and serve them as a leader.
- Minister to the congregation as a servant of Christ and team leader.