Director of Contemporary Worship
Part-Time (20 – 30 hours per week)
Salary – ($20K – 25K) based on hours available and experience.
The position may begin as half-time with the possibility of increased capacity and salary up to full-time based on interest, skill, performance and ability to grow the ministry.
As part of St. Mark’s mission ‘to love God and people, as we make disciples of Jesus Christ, for the transformation of the world,’ this staff person provides leadership for contemporary worship ministries with desired outcomes including:
- An increasing number of people being equipped for ministry leadership in worship ministry;
- A growing number of people experiencing the presence and power of Christ in Spirit-filled gathered worship;
- An increasing number of people entering into a relationship with Christ and growing in spiritual maturity through their participation in gathered worship;
- An increasing number of gifted music worship leaders and participants of all ages experiencing the joy of using their gifts and abilities in gathered worship;
- A worship ministry that values excellence on a consistent basis in all areas, and seeks to include all who feel called to worship ministry by finding the times and places for them to succeed at their current level of competence.
- To recruit, equip, and direct a team of volunteer musicians participating in contemporary music;
- To provide leadership for Praise Bands and the leading of contemporary worship experiences by working with the pastors and others in areas such as service development, music selection and preparation, creation of weekly PowerPoint or Pro Presenter presentations,
sound, and other creative ministries (video, drama, etc.);
- To provide music for children and youth ministries as well as other worship experiences (i.e.- Prayer service)
- To organize music files and the recording of music use for CCLI;
- To support the maintaining and updating of the media systems and to deal with computer and IT issues;
- To participate in staff and leadership meetings, and communicate effectively with the congregation;
- To participate in planning new worship experiences and outreach events in and beyond the local church, including working with other churches and/or other ministries in the community;
- To support and network with other music leaders at St. Mark’s in traditional worship experiences;
- To provide input to the budgeting process and oversee the annual budget for contemporary worship ministries