Title: Director of Children’s Ministry
Created: February 11, 2015
Reports to: Associate Pastor
Church Attendance: +500
The Children’s Ministry Director will utilize a passion for children and a desire to make disciples to lead our children’s ministry. This position will provide oversight to the children’s ministry team as they create, develop, implement, and maintain an
ongoing ministry for children from birth through 6th grade.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the oversight and leadership of the children’s ministry, including Sunday morning programing, mid-week programs, special events, community outreach, and on-site midweek child care.
- Recruit, screen, train, and disciple children’s ministry volunteers.
- Create and effectively manage the ministry’s budget.
- Train and supervise children’s ministry leaders to set up for programs, manage the volunteer schedule, and lead well.
- Communicate consistently with parents through various channels as well as provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership in their homes.
- Be an active member and participant on the pastoral staff team, giving support and ideas when needed.
- Be the primary advocate for families and children in the church.
- Be a mature, committed follower of Jesus Christ who maintains personal spiritual development through regular time in the Word, prayer, and accountability.
- Exhibit professionalism in demeanor and relationships.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment within a variety of settings and circumstances with composure and flexibility.
- Ability to work well with all types of personalities.
- Proven leadership capabilities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Possess a high attention to detail and excellence.
- Self-motivated with excellent time management and organizational capabilities.
- We desire 3+ year’s children’s ministry leadership experience in a church of 500+ members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- This position will typically operate in a standard office environment.
Applicants should apply by emailing your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org