ASSOCIATE PASTOR OF FAMILY MINISTRIES
First Baptist Church
Linesville, Pennsylvania, United States
Church characteristics and the available position:
We are a growing and vibrant church of 450+ regular worshipping attendees each week, located in Linesville, PA, which is a rural community located an hour south of Erie, PA. We currently average approximately 100 young people (K-12th grade)
attending our children and teen programs each week. Each Sunday we have two contemporary worship services. We are relevant in our ministry approach but conservative in doctrine. Our vision is to be a church that seeks to lead others to Jesus by showing
them His love and caring for them through Christ-like service. More information can be obtained through our website: Fbclinesville.org.
The Associate Pastor of Family Ministries will oversee and continue to develop the children and teen ministries so that they are providing excellent opportunities to raise up young people who will hide God's Word in their heart (Ps. 119:11),
live according to that Word, and become strong disciple makers for Jesus! The Associate will also minister to parents, young couples, and families by offering them counseling, discipleship, and providing opportunities for growth and fellowship. This Associate
Pastor will also assist the Senior Pastor in the development of the Life Group program, and by preaching or officiating any special services (e.g. weddings, funerals, etc.) as they would be assigned. This is a full-time position with benefits.
- Has a solid personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Agrees with First Baptist Church's statement of faith (found at http://www.fbclinesville.org/beliefs) .
- At least 3 years (preferred) of ministry experience in working with children and/or in teen ministry.
- Has a minimum of a Bachelor's degree or greater involving either Biblical or Church ministry studies (from an accredited college, university, or seminary).
- Have or can obtain all necessary background checks.
- Able to identify, mobilize, train, and equip the appropriate people into ministry positions.
- A passion for family ministries and an understanding of effective programming and teaching for teens and children.
- Organized and effective in overseeing or running programs and ministries.
- Is a teachable team player.
- Supportive of the Awana children's program and a general understanding of its characteristics.
- Has a strong passion for Life Groups.
- A reasonable level of competence with technology.
- Able to communicate faith in a relevant manner.
- Directly accountable to the Sr. Pastor and indirectly accountable to the Diaconate Board in all responsibilities.
- Assist the Sr. Pastor in recruiting Small Group leaders and help facilitate the overall Life Group program.
- Provide oversight and work with the Awana Commander, Youth Directors, and Children's Church Directors to implement and further develop the children and teen programs.
- Coordinate budgets for the areas of ministries that the Associate is overseeing.
- Provide support and counseling to parents, couples, and young people.
- Plan and implement (or recruit a lay leader to organize) certain church-wide or community-wide events.
- Provide other opportunities for growth and fellowship for parents, young adults, young couples, or families.
- Preach once every 1-2 months.
- Carry out other ministry opportunities (visitation, special services, etc.) as assigned by the Sr. Pastor.
Please submit your resume, and a list of at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is preferred if at least one of your references was a supervising Pastor that you were accountable to in a previous position.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com.