New Stanton Church is a suburb of Pittsburgh, located near Interstate 70 and the Pennsylvania Turnpike. We are a cross-generational church whose passion is “Showing People Jesus”! We have 2 worship services on Sundays at 9:01am and 10:44 am. This position
is 10-15 hours per week.
The Worship Leader is responsible for working with the Lead Pastor to choose music and plan for Sunday and Special services as well as oversee the Praise Team.
- Lead Praise Team practice
- Develop Team skills
- Recruit new vocalists and instrumentalists to the Team
- Develop Leaders in the Worship and Media Team areas
Areas of Responsibility:
- Will work with the Lead Pastor to build the worship experience for Sunday services as well as any other special services (may include drama, visual arts and/or Praise Team).
- Distribute and arrange music for Thursday Praise Team practices.
- Coordinate church calendar events with the Praise Team (in-house events will be primary).
- Communicate with the Media Team.
- Will coordinate Visual Arts for Sunday worship and special events
- Be a strong, gifted and experienced worship leader who draws people into worship; a gifted musician vocally, and plays an instrument.
- Loves cutting edge, as well as contemporary worship music and yet have an appreciation for hymns.
- Has a good knowledge of music theory.
- Be a self-starter, team oriented; will develop a team of passionate worshippers.
- Computer savvy, software proficient in music notation/transcription and Media Shout.
To be considered for this position, candidates please submit the following:
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org