• Categoric – Student Pastor
• Location – Bulverde, TX (just north of San Antonio) • Denomination – United Methodist Church
• Church – 400-450
• Job – Full-time
• Salary – Based on experience / benefits included
About Riverside: Riverside is a ten year old non-traditional United Methodist Church plant just north of San Antonio. We are a church that loves our community, our neighbors across the street and across the map, our families and our staff. We are in an exciting
season of changes as we began to focus on a holistic way to engage the family unit. In our few short years of being a church we have seen God move in amazing ways, and yet we believe the best is still to come. Our staff is awesome. We share life together,
encourage one another, and take the call of Jesus seriously but we sill laugh at ourselves often. Riverside is located just outside of San Antonio in a rapidly growing area. We are a community that is serious about responding to the growth in our area with
a desire to see new families find community.
About the Student Ministry: We are a student ministry that believes in discipleship. We believe that disciples are not mass produced, they are hand crafted. You will be stepping into a ministry that averages 60-70 student (6th-12th), has fantastic leaders,
parents that trust us, a student disciple team, strong missions program, a partnership with Young Life and a history of consistently moving in the direction of students. The student pastor will build on an already strong base that is ready to see the ministry
move to the next level. The Student Pastor will serve as the vision-caster and pastor for the Student Ministries. The Student Pastor will serve as part of the Family Ministry Team in developing a holistic approach in shepherding the family.
What we are looking for: We’re not just looking for someone to fill a pastoral role with our student ministries. We are looking for someone who wants to be ruined by the Gospel with us, someone who
seeks their significance through authentic service in a church family – a team player who is prepared to help us develop a holistic approach to unleashing the message of the Gospel.
- Active and growing relationship with Jesus Christ; evidenced by action, heart, pursuit & behavior.
- A passion to see families grow in their faith and is called to student ministry.
- Someone who is passionate about discipling students and leaders.
- Really loves the local church and has a heart for the big picture.
- Relational driven, loves to laugh, teachable, strives for excellence, team builder, planner and handles conflict well.
- Someone who can lead worship is preferred.
- Experience creating annual ministry budgets, or the equivalent. You must be able to anticipate and procure curriculum, equipment, and resources annually and handle additional needs that may occur throughout the year. You must be able to help develop and
work within a budget.
- Someone who is a marathoner, not a sprinter. We are looking for someone to help cultivate a discipleship culture in our community and we know that takes time.
- Has least 2-3 years experience in student ministry and has influenced growth in numbers, teams, and most importantly, changed lives.
- Four year degree is a plus but not essential. Consideration will be given to those with specific ministry education.
- If married, you pursue your wife like Christ does the church. If you have children, you are actively involved in loving and leading them.
- We are not your traditional Methodist church but we hold to Methodist theology and our under the spiritual covering of our parent church Alamo Heights UMC.
Your Next Steps:
- Pray and ask God if He may be bringing us together. Please involve your spouse (if applicable) in the process.
- Submit a PDF version of your resume with a cover letter giving a brief philosophy of student ministry.
- Submit a quality photograph of yourself and your spouse/family (if applicable).
- Submit the names and contact information of at least three (3) ministry references who have at least eighteen (18) months of seeing you in student ministry.
- Submit a PDF version of a list of your favorite Christian authors as well as other authors who you like to read.
- If you have anything else that can help us get a better idea of who you are please submit it as well
- (video of you teaching, audio messages etc)
Upon further interest, you will be contacted about next steps.
Please submit your information to email@example.com