Categoric – Children’s Pastor
Location – Bulverde, TX (just north of San Antonio) • Denomination – United Methodist Church
Church – 450-500
Job – Full-time
Salary – Based on experience / benefits included
Paid time off
About Riverside: Riverside is a ten year old non-traditional United Methodist Church plant just north of San Antonio. We are a church that loves our community, our neighbors across the street and across the map, our families and our staff. We are in an exciting season of changes as we began to focus on a holistic way to engage the family unit. In our few short years of being a church we have seen God move in amazing ways, and yet we believe that best is still to come. Our staff is awesome. We share life together, encourage one another and take the call of Jesus seriously, but will still laugh at ourselves often. Riverside is located just outside of San Antonio in a rapidly growing area. We are a community that is serious about responding to the growth in our area with a desires to see new families find community.
About the Children’s Ministry: We are a children’s ministry that believes in discipleship. We believe that disciples are not mass produced, they are hand crafted. You will be stepping into a ministry that averages 50-70 children from birth through 5th grade, has fantastic leaders, parents that trust us, a strong missions program and a history of consistently moving in the direction of children. The children’s pastor will build on an already strong base that is ready to see the ministry move to the next level. The children’s pastor will serve as the vision-caster and pastor for the children’s ministries. The children’s pastor will serve as part of the Family Ministry Team in developing a holistic approach in sheepherding the family.
What we are looking for: We’re not just looking for someone to fill a pastoral role with our children’s ministries. We are looking for someone who wants to be ruined by the Gospel with us, someone who seeks their significance through authentic service in a church family – a team player who is prepared to help us develop a holistic approach to unleashing the message of the Gospel.
- Active and growing relationship with Jesus Christ; evidenced by action, heart, pursuit & behavior.
- A passion to see families grow in their faith and is called to student ministry.
- Someone who is passionate about discipling parents, children and leaders.
- Relational driven, loves to laugh, teachable, strives for excellence, team builder, planner and handles conflict well.
- Someone who can lead worship is preferred.
- Experience creating annual ministry budgets, or the equivalent. You must be able to anticipate and procure curriculum, equipment, and resources annually and handle additional needs that may occur throughout the year. You must be able to help develop and work within a budget.
- Someone who has experience with payroll and scheduling childcare staff is preferred.
- Someone who is a marathoner, not a sprinter. We are looking for someone to help cultivate adiscipleship culture in our community and we know that takes time. discipleship culture in our community and we know that takes time.
- Someone who leads with a plan and passion, building a strong student team while contributing to the overall church-wide team.
- Is energized by connecting with parents, children and leaders.
- You must truly love people and be an organized person who is bent toward following through. It isvital that you are able to conceive, initiate and follow through with people and processes designed tospiritually equip students.
- Has at least 2-3 years experience in children’s ministry (is preferred)and has influenced growth in numbers, teams, and most importantly, changed lives.
- Four year degree is a plus but not essential. Consideration will be given to those with specific ministry education and/or Methodist background.
- If married, you pursue your wife/husband like Christ does the church. If you have children, you are actively involved in loving and leading them.
- We are not your traditional Methodist church but we do embrace Methodist theology.
Your Next Steps:
- Pray and ask God if He may be bringing us together. Please involve your spouse (if applicable) in the process.
- Submit a PDF version of your resume with a cover letter giving a brief philosophy of student ministry.
- Submit a quality photograph of yourself and your spouse/family (if applicable).
- Submit the names and contact information of at least three (3) ministry references who have at least eighteen (18) months of seeing you in children’s ministry.
- Submit a PDF version of a list of your favorite Christian authors as well as other authors who you like to read.
- If you have anything else that can help us get a better idea of who you are please submit it as well (video of you teaching, audio messages, lessons you have taught etc)
Upon further interest you will be contacted. Contact Info: Please submit your information to
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children’s Ministry DirectorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Children's Ministry PastorTerraNova Church
- Irvine, California
- December 2
Director of Children's MinistryMission Point Church
- Somers Point, New Jersey
- December 1
Anthem Kids DirectorAnthem Church
- Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
- December 1