Staff Position – Youth Pastor
Bethel Grove Bible Church is a non-denominational, evangelical church in a University community. We are committed to a philosophy of ministry that revolves around discipleship, evangelism and encouragement in an effort to fulfill the Great Commission. We
are looking for a Youth Pastor who desires to have an impact for Jesus Christ on students’ lives. Our area of contact includes five school districts and many homeschool students, resulting in thousands of students needing to come into a saving relationship
with Jesus Christ. Our current youth ministry program consists of 50-70 students in the 6th-12th grades with 10-15 volunteer leaders. This is a full time Pastoral position to start by August 2015.
Qualifications of the Youth Pastor –
The Youth pastor will fulfill the qualifications of a pastor (including equivalent biblical offices) described in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. We seek a man who:
• has a heart for God and has a Christ-like character of grace and love in alignment with the elder qualifications in scripture.
• has a fervent prayer life, devotional life and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• possesses a deep knowledge and understanding of scripture, its historical and cultural context, and its application to youth today.
• possesses a grasp of apologetics and its application in real world conversations.
• if married, has a healthy marriage and family life.
• is highly relational and possesses organizational skills.
• is a self-starter who actively seeks out service and relationship opportunities.
• is skilled in teaching and communicating, willing to creatively use different mediums to influence the culture with truth.
• has a willingness to be a team player and to develop both youth and adult leadership.
• demonstrates commitment and skill in one-to-one relational discipleship.
• possesses qualities catalytic to teen ministry; for example, has a sense of humor, ability to lead youth worship, technically savvy and energetic.
• has a minimum of a master’s degree in a biblical field of study from an accredited institution.
• has a minimum of 4 years of successful ministry experience in a church setting.
Responsibilities of the Youth Pastor -
• Provide vision and direction to the Youth Ministry Program in alignment with the current vision and culture of the church.
• Plan, organize, and lead weekly youth group meetings for middle school and high school students.
• Plan, organize, and lead a summer trip event for youth.
• Promote an environment where people from ethnically and racially diverse backgrounds are welcomed.
• Promote an environment where students feel connected to each other as a church family; where each student is valued, celebrated and encouraged to contribute to the life of the church.
• Provide one-on-one mentoring, discipleship, and counseling for students.
• Provide a weekly Bible Study meeting for High School students.
• Provide opportunities throughout the year for students to serve the church and the community.
• Develop and host outreach activities for students to bring friends.
• Assist graduating students as they prepare for life after high school.
• Oversee the Student Sunday School program; in both theological content and its presentation; teaching where appropriate.
• Recruit, train and encourage adult/college student volunteer staff.
• Lead staff efforts to maintain the youth ministry website and Facebook page; providing weekly communication of youth events/activities. Engage students using social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
• Set and administrate the youth ministry budget.
• Provide occasional connection points/meetings for parents of students including family youth events.
• Meet weekly with pastoral and office staff to discuss the greater ministry/vision of the church.
• Preach to congregation 2 – 3 times per year.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, a link to your youth group website or Facebook page and an audio or video teaching if available to firstname.lastname@example.org