Please submit a current resume and cover letter.
Calvary Bible Church—Job Description
Position: Worship Leader
Classification: Full Time Ministry Staff
Reports to: Worship Ministries Director
To lead the body of Christ at Calvary Bible Church in worshipping the Lord in Spirit and Truth.
A. Worship Leadership.
1. Lead weekly worship services and special services as scheduled
2. Encourage the spiritual growth and participate in the spiritual care of worship ministry participants
3. Meet weekly with the Worship Planning Team to plan and evaluate weekly worship services
4. Work alongside the Worship Ministries Director to plan and implement special events, concerts and projects
B. Band/Orchestra/Praise Team Direction.
1. Recruit and interview prospective band and orchestra members
2. Select special music
3. Lead band/orchestra/PT rehearsals
4. Shepherd and disciple band/orchestra members
C. Mentor, train and equip worship leaders from within the body at Calvary Bible Church to lead worship services.
1. Meet one-on-one for equipping and training
2. Create opportunities for coaching leaders
3. Design workshops for group equipping
D. Other duties as assigned.
1. Complete agreement with both the Senior Pastor’s ministry and direction, and with Calvary Bible Church Constitution, Statement of Faith and Statement of Value on Worship.
2. Consistent Christ-like character evidencing a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
3. Willingness and ability to shepherd those involved in the worship ministries.
4. Regular attendance at all Calvary Bible Church services.
5. Member of Calvary Bible Church.
6. Bachelor’s degree in a music related field.
7. Prior musical experience demonstrating a God given ability to lead the congregation in worship.
8. Documented successes with praise bands, praise teams, orchestras.
9. Demonstrated abilities in interpersonal relationships.
10. Demonstrated ability to incorporate a broad spectrum of musical styles into a meaningful worship service.
11. Exhibits the qualities of a maturing Christian as described in Titus 2.