The Assistant A/V Director works directly with the Director of Technology in providing professional technical and engineering services for the church’s worship services, special events, concerts and meetings in accordance with the Pastoral vision. Additionally,
works towards the implementation of a comprehensive media outreach strategy for the church that results in high quality, industry standard sound, video, and lighting for church worship services and events; high quality media products, and high quality, industry
standard internet and/or broadcast media. Seeks to find new ways to advance the mission of the church and the spread of the Gospel of Jesus Christ using new cutting edge technologies.
Specific List of Responsibilities
- Provide professional audio and video technical and engineering services for the church with excellence.
- Work towards the recruitment and training of volunteers in the area of audio, video and lighting.
- Assist in the technical planning and coordination of worship services, special events, concerts, plays, etc…
- Work towards the implementation of a broadcast and/or internet media strategy in accordance with the Pastoral vision of the church.
- Work collaboratively and in conjunction with staff and other ministry entities to guarantee the delivery of audio, video, and media services in an industry standard and with a spirit of excellence.
- Provide professional audio engineering for the church’s multiple Sunday worship services (up to 3), special events, revivals, Bible Study, concerts, funerals, weddings, etc…
- Meet prior to worship services or special events for sound, lighting and video checks.
- Work to ensure the sound, video and lighting quality of all equipment.
- Make approved repairs to existing sound, lighting and video equipment.
- Provide for the inventorying of all audio, video and lighting equipment.
- Works towards the development of an intentional and attractive multi-media ministry including internet, broadcast, audio, video, lighting, DVD and CD production.
- Ensure the development of the highest possible quality of sound for the Church. Ensure that all events requiring sound, lighting, and/or video services are covered by trained staff or lay personnel.
- Ensure the maintenance and upkeep on all sound, video, and lighting equipment in the church.
- Assist in the supervision of all operators of sound, video, lighting and recording equipment in the church.
- To be available to operate audio, video and lighting for any approved outside group using the above mentioned facilities.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all sound equipment. If necessary, supervise and coordinate any outside contractors performing work on the church’s AVL systems.
- Work towards the development of an operating and equipment budget on an annual basis.
- Assist in the development and delivery of the highest possible quality of sound for the sanctuary by participating in the training and scheduling of necessary personnel to cover all events requiring usage of A/V equipment and services.
- Work towards the development, administration, and dissemination of multi-media material developed by Mt. Ennon Baptist Church to other churches, individuals, and other distribution organizations.
- Arrive early before each planned event to set up equipment and perform the necessary AVL checks.
- Ensure that proper procedures are in place for editing, labeling, recording, and cataloguing of master video recordings.
- Perform normal preventive maintenance on A/V equipment.