RCC has four main pillars. These specific pillars are central to the heart of the church and we live out these core values through the power of the Holy Spirit in relationship with those around us.
- Experiencing God in relationship. The more we pursue and enjoy an intimate and loving relationship with God, the more we will become who God has created us to be.
- Living in His power. God is living and active in our lives. He brings new life, healing, and restoration to us, so that we can be empowered to love and minister to others. We are charismatic and believe in the “gifts of the Spirit”, actively pursuing them
individually & corporately.
- Helping the poor and hurting. We believe that God is about restoring hearts as well as lives, and we are committed to seeing him bring tangible change in Jacksonville and beyond.
- Loving everybody. We want to love people like Jesus loves them — regardless of age, race, gender, or what they’ve done or haven’t done.
We understand that going to a church service for the first time can be overwhelming. We try to make our Sunday services as welcoming to the newcomer as we can. Every Sunday we have an informal worship service for the whole family. You could describe us as
“non-religious” but not irreverent. We believe church should be fun, and at the same time a place where the relevance, power, and holiness of Jesus are taken seriously. The result is a diverse and exciting church whose members are full of passion for God and
who demonstrate their faith throughout the week.
- For high school students of River City Church to become disciples of Jesus Christ. Our goal is they will receive the love of the Father, the promise of salvation through Jesus Christ and experience the Holy Spirit so that they will operate in the gifts
of the Spirit, carrying the Kingdom of God within them to bring hope, healing and restoration. This will be evidenced as fruitful growth in the lives of the students and the numerical increase in the department that will include both student involvement and
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for complete and consistent oversight of the Senior High Youth Ministry, grades 9 – 12
- Plan, direct, conduct and evaluate a comprehensive high school ministry through the paradigm of relational ministry to include both large group meetings and small group discipleship following the RCC model
- Weekly large group meeting for high school students
- Sunday morning service
- Small group opportunity for all students
- Create opportunities during the summer for strong relationships to be formed: student to God, student to student, student to youth staff, student to volunteer youth leader
- Seek opportunities to engage with students outside of church building
- Provide “camping” opportunities during breaks in school schedules
- Recruitment and development of volunteer leadership to support ministry needs in High School Ministry
- Provide purposeful mission opportunities on both the local and foreign landscape to include
- Team building gatherings
- Fund raising support
- Trained volunteer leadership team
- Testimony sharing
- Debrief gathering
- Support parents as partners in ministry
- Provide calendar of events in trimester fashion to include financial requirements one month prior to calendar start: Fall, Winter/Spring, Summer
- Provide parents with information regarding current trends in youth culture and offer guidance to help navigate unhealthy behaviors
- Create atmosphere of cooperation and open communication for parents to support RCY
- Promote & encourage students to become active participants in the body of RCC through serving
- Study and recommend changes as needed for best practice in high school ministry
- Create inclusive and welcoming environment within the ministry
- Work cooperatively with Rebirth Ministries to provide ministry opportunities that serve both urban and suburban cultures during combined services/events
- Prepare annual budget for RCC high school ministry
- Attend all staff required events
- Actively pursue personal spiritual growth and professional growth opportunities
- Fulfill all responsibilities with an attitude of inter-connectedness of all RCC ministries while asking the question “Is this where the Holy Spirit is leading?”
- Passionate about young people with a desire to see them connect with God the Father
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evident by action, attitude, and behavior.
- Passionate about functioning in the reliance on the Holy Spirit, to include the gifts of the Spirit
- Possess a true love and concern for teenagers as well as their families—regardless of their personalities and spiritual walk
- Humble, teachable, and self-aware—open to suggestions and correction in a way that shows humility to leadership authority
- Able to be a team player & multi-tasker who thrives on busy, eventful days, who must be able to take the lead, delegate appropriately and complete multiple tasks
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills—both verbal and written
- Possess a discerning nature that allows you to see what others do not see on both a spiritual and a practical level
- Knowledge of and ability to use word processing and graphics programs to design promotional pieces
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Four-year degree from an accredited University preferable
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience working in a growing, successful student ministry
Send your current resume
Describe an experience you've with God within the last 60 days in 500 words or less