There are those that love students and love God and then there are those that love students and love God AND bring with them a high caliber level of leadership… we are in search of the latter. We are looking for a leader who is a team player,
has incredible relational skills, off the charts administrative ability and sees themself as a force for impacting the next generation. Yes, we know these kinds of people are rare but what God is doing here at Neighborhood Church is rare and we are looking
for the very best.
What we are looking for in a Student Ministry Pastor:
- An imperfect but growing follower of Christ.
- At least 5 years vocational ministry experience with a positive track record of strategic planning, executing, and managing a dynamic, growing Student Ministry.
- Experience leading a large and thriving student ministry in a church of 1,000 or greater.
- Experience in developing teams of volunteer leaders who are equipped to run weekly, thriving Middle School & High School environments.
- Someone who thinks “Orange” and has a passion for seeing parents and their teenagers grow together in their faith.
- Exceptional communication skills, both interpersonally and speaking to large groups of all ages.
- A self-starter with a commitment to excellence in ministry.
- Is flexible, adaptable, teachable and has strong problem-solving skills.
- Someone who is committed to learning.
- Someone who is fanatical about embracing the vision of NC.
- Someone who can be open and transparent with the other staff team members; admit struggles and fears; encourage; deal with conflict in an authentic, healthy, and direct manner.
What you’ll be doing:
- Giving primary oversight and leadership in the 7-12 grade levels.
- Strategically partner with the Family Pastor and Student Ministry staff in developing goals and casting vision for the Student Ministry.
- Team with partner ministry areas (kids, missions, creative arts, etc.) making Neighborhood a cohesive community that cares for students and families.
- Develop systems to recruit, train, and retain volunteers needed for a dynamic Ministry.
- Develop and implement creative, exciting, and relevant Student Ministry programs and environments that include weekly programming, mission trips, and camps.
- Translating the broader church mission into the language of the next generation.
More about Neighborhood
Neighborhood is a church of about 1500 in weekly attendance. Our mission is to be a community of love for God, people, and the world. That’s accomplished by helping people take their next steps toward Jesus Christ together. Neighborhood is located in Visalia
(population= 130K), in the heart of central California only a couple hours from LA, the Bay Area, the mountains, and the beach. Check us out at ncvisalia.com for more info.
* Please Do Not apply via ChurchStaffing.com (i.e. Do not click the ChurchStaffing button below). For consideration, please submit your resume to Kelly Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org).
No phone calls please.