Manchaca Baptist Church is located in the south Austin area, and is a Christ-centered, grace based community who values God’s word and desires to be used by Christ to make disciples.
We are currently looking to hire a part-time Children’s Director to develop and implement vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs and activities related to Children’s Ministry at Manchaca Baptist Church. Specifically, the Children’s Director
is responsible for Children’s Bible Fellowships (Nursery-5th grade), Children’s Church, Mid-Week Activities, VBS, Pre-teen camp, and Childcare.
- Have had previous experience in education or children’s ministry in a leadership role and have completed an undergraduate degree or work experience equivalence
- Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to children and their families
- Have a passion for a parent equipping ministry
- Strong leadership and administrative skills
- People oriented
- Provide overall visionary and strategic leadership to MBC’s Children’s Ministry
- Recruit, screen, train, and encourage children’s ministry volunteers
- Provide vision and overall direction for curriculum selection and implementation
- Oversee “milestone events” in Children’s Ministry -- parent/child dedication, baptism, etc.
- Facilitate registration of new children and families
- Develop healthy communication among parents and equip parents for discipleship in the home
- Oversee content of Children’s Ministry communications (website, newsletters, etc.)
- Responsible for Children’s Ministry budget and financial oversight
- Partner with Student Pastor to execute one consistent vision for MBC Family Ministry
- Partner with Recreation Coordinator to plan special events such as Fall Festival, Family Fun Days, etc.
Salary for this part-time (20-25 hours/week) position is $24,000. Submit resume to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is March 6, 2015.