Manchaca Baptist Church is located in the far south Austin area, and is a Christ-centered, grace based community who values God’s word and desires to be used by Christ to reach the lost and make disciples.
We are currently looking for a full-time associate pastor who will primarily serve as a pastor to students but will also help oversee our adult community groups and assist the Senior Pastor in carrying out the vision of the church.
- Bachelor’s degree with seminary training preferred
- Passion for students and families
- A blend of people oriented and task driven personality traits
- Strong leadership, teaching, equipping, and encouraging abilities
- Ability to orally and verbally communicate effectively
- An excellent working knowledge of the word of God
- A team player
- Provide overall visionary and strategic leadership to MBC’s Student Ministry
- Recruit, screen, train, and encourage volunteers for student ministry programming, activities, and events
- Plan and oversee mid-week Student Worship Service
- Teach the student group on a regular basis with well-rehearsed, bible based, applicable lessons
- Oversee Sunday morning Student Bible Fellowships through choosing curriculum and equipping teachers
- Develop healthy communication with parents and equip them for discipleship in the home
- Oversee content of Student Ministry communications (website, newsletters, etc.).
- Plan and organize at least one monthly social event for the student group
- Plan and organize retreats, summer camp, mission trips, etc.
- Responsible for Student Ministry budget and financial oversight.
- Partner with Children’s Director to execute one consistent vision for MBC Family Ministry
- Provide shepherding and leadership to MBC Adult Community Group leaders
- Recruit, screen, train, and encourage Adult Community Group leaders
- Meet one-on-one with adult group leaders at least 2 times per year
- Plan and oversee 2 gatherings of all adult group leaders for equipping, encouragement, and/or appreciation
- Oversee content of Adult Community communications (website, newsletters, etc.)
- With help of Bible Fellowship Secretary, track group participation
- Monitor the health and effectiveness of groups
- Responsible for Adult Community budget and financial oversight
- Provide assistance to the Senior Pastor in carrying out the vision of MBC
- Help with pastoral care as needed
- Possibly preach on Sunday mornings in absence of Senior Pastor
- Be available to assist wherever is necessary as needed as a team player
Submit resume, cover letter, and link to teaching/preaching video to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is March 1, 2015.