The Junior High Director’s primary responsibility is to lead the Junior High Ministry at Inland Hills Church as you help fulfill our vision “to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ”. The Junior High Director’s objective is to identify and develop leaders, using the meta-model to accomplish ministry goals while growing in your own personal leadership.
As a leader of leaders, the Junior High Director needs to exemplify the 6Gs of an authentic follower of Christ (grace, growth, groups, gifts, giving, and going) and model a Christ like character of servant leadership. As a division leader (a “D”), the Junior High Director needs to meet the same expectations of the leaders you oversee. Above all, the Junior High Director needs to exhibit his or her love for God with a positive attitude and a servant’s heart.
Support the Community and Mission of the Church
- Maintain IHC philosophy of ministry.
- Be a participating member of Inland Hills Church and attend weekly services and a small group.
- Model what it means to be an authentic follower of Christ.
- Uphold the church and its leaders in prayer.
- Affirm and encourage all leaders and volunteers.
- Support the vision, objectives, and strategies of the senior pastor and the associate director.
Identify and Develop Leaders
- Be the primary leader and public “face” of the junior high ministry to leaders, students and parents.
- Use the meta-model for growth and discipleship.
- Cast ongoing vision to coaches, small group leaders, volunteers, students and parents.
- Identify, recruit and train leaders and apprentices, challenging them to serve and nurturing a leadership culture.
- Coach, shepherd, and train all leaders, with regular one-on-ones, team meetings, and huddles (One, one on one with a leader and coach per week).
- Lead coaches with prayer, encouragement, and problem solving in an atmosphere of supportive and accountable relationships.
- Ensure that every small group leader and apprentice has an involved and nurturing coach.
- Develop and implement training tools and events for small group leaders and coaches.
Develop and Oversee Junior High Ministry (Services, Events, Retreats, and Programs)
- Create and support a growth environment and leadership culture for students.
- Organize, plan and execute weekly junior high services on the weekends and midweek and run/speak a minimum of 44 weeks.
- Identify programming objectives and develop supporting activities.
- Communicate regularly with church staff, parents, leaders, and students.
- Align activities with the vision and values of student ministries, ensuring cultural relevancy.
- Lead, build and develop teams of volunteers to oversee program events/activities, small groups, security, parents and outreach to campuses.
- Attend strategic local junior high games and events (in the Chino Valley School District).
Ensure Good Stewardship of IHC Resources
- Operate within the established student ministry budget.
- Promote and affirm the events and group life of the church.
- Safeguard student facilities, equipment, and other resources.
- Encourage balanced living and “margin” in self and others.
Your mission is to glorify God by leading the junior high ministry, focusing your efforts on the following:
- supporting the community and mission of the church
- identifying and developing leaders
- developing and overseeing junior high ministry activities
- ensuring good stewardship of student ministry resources
- accurate, on-time performance
- proactive productivity
- thoughtful initiative
- clear, effective, and judicious communication
- project and issue ownership
- professional and friendly interactions
- continual growth and improvement
The Junior High Director also assists with other duties as required by the Associate Director and Senior Associate Pastor.
To apply for this position, please send resumes, cover letters, audio files, and/or videos to email@example.com with Subject line JUNIOR HIGH POSITION.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Student PastorChristian Faith Center
- Nampa, Idaho
- October 20
Associate Student PastorFBC Midlothian
- Midlothian, Texas
- October 20
Inland Hills Church
Inland Hills Church began in 1991 in the growing community of Chino Hills, California, with a current weekend attendance of 2,500+. From its inception, small groups have been a vital and foundational part of discipleship, outreach, and community care. We are a church of small groups, as opposed to a church with small groups. We believe that life change happens best in healthy, growing groups with trained and supported leaders, using the meta-model system. We thrive on a simple yet effective structure of only doing five things well: weekend s More...