Under the limited direction of the Technology Arts Pastor, the IT Manager is primarily responsible for the management, design, development, implementation and operation of information systems, network and data processing applications at CBC. This job requires considerable independent judgment in daily duties, and supervision of entire IT staff.
- Coordinate the day to day activities and operations of the IT department.
- Provide management, oversight and leadership for the IT staff.
- Develop a high level of knowledge of all ministry areas and their needs relating to technology.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with all departmental leadership and staff to ensure good communications and excellent customer service to the ministries at CBC, as it relates to technology needs.
- Anticipate, assess and translate ministry needs into coherent, timely and actionable technology strategies and tactics.
- Project Management: research, design, budget, test and assist with implementation of all technology programs (hardware, software and network applications)
- Develop and operate within the IT budget.
- Perform administrative duties such as budgeting, purchasing, invoice approval, resource management, teaching and documenting operational activities.
- Maintain and upgrade technology infrastructure including but not limited to servers, computers, printers, copiers, applications, networking, security, disaster recovery, web applications and software.
- Plan and promote technology implementations to increase productivity for all CBC staff and ministries.
- Establish and implement policies, procedures and technologies to ensure systems security.
- Coach and mentor IT staff members.
- Communicate and negotiate contracts with vendors.
- Research and stay current on all technologies to ensure that CBC is on the cutting edge in its approach to information technologies and applications.
- Give guidance and suggestions to Media managers regarding interface and compatibility with CBC information technologies on equipment/software purchases for the media/production departments.
- Attend weekly CBC staff meetings (Prayer and Praise).
- Attend meetings with Communications staff as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer/systems management/software/design or related field.
- 5 or more years in technology management.
- 5 or more years in employee supervision and management.
- Experience with creating, assigning and following up on tasks across multiple technology disciplines.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of database applications, network management and monitoring tools. LAN/WAN technologies, switching, routing and the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Industry-recognized expert-level knowledge and experience in technology procedures and policies, Microsoft Windows technologies, disaster recovery, design, security and anti-virus deployment.
- Advanced knowledge in:
- Network (voice, data, router, switch, wireless, Voice over IP, Internet, monitoring and remote access)
- Server (hardware, terminal server, Windows, backups, e-mail, anti-virus and licensing)
- Desktop (hardware, operating systems, end user software, protocols, standards, push technologies, printers, scanners and licensing)
- Voice communications (voicemail, mobile devices, BlackBerries, I-Phones and faxing)
- Ability to provide leadership and supervision regarding the execution of support service tasks, equipment reliability and integrity, and new and emerging technologies.
- Professional level communication and presentation (written and verbal) skills to effectively conduct productive technical and non-technical meetings with colleagues, peers, vendors, ministry leaders and executive management.
- Ability to make decisive, wise and biblically sound decisions and lead others through the decision making process.
- Ability to initiate and develop relationships inside and outside the CBC organization to share information, practices and ideas that enhance CBC’s performance.
- Ability to monitor performance, evaluate performance against goals and make necessary adjustments to achieve goal.
- Ability to identify concerns, problems or potential areas of concern in a timely and accurate manner and resolve them effectively.
- Demonstrate the ability to improve organizational performance by integrating new and existing technology in the CBC workplace.
- Effective project management ability for medium to large applications, servers and technology enhancement.
- Innovative and analytical problem solving skills.
- High level of confidentiality and decorum.
- Team management skills.
- Dependability – is consistently at work on time and responds to CBC leadership’s direction.
- Physical Requirements: Sitting, keyboarding, visual w/monitor, walking, bending, stooping, stretching, climbing ladders, working in crawl spaces, occasional lifting 10-50 lbs, occasional events/activities outdoors in the heat, occasional events/activities requiring prolonged standing.
- CBC Member, genuine desire to serve God and the Church.
- Must be a professed mature Christian.
- Who You Are Graduate or willing to complete Who You Are training.
- Proficiency Tests, Background Check, Personality Profile, Drug Testing required.
- This job description is not all inclusive, and other duties may be assigned as necessary.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Tech DirectorCalvary Chapel Oceanside
- Oceanside, California
- December 1
Video Producer / CoordinatorCenterPoint Church
- Massapequa, New York
- November 30
Community Bible Church
Community Bible Church began on May 26, 1990, meeting in a conference room of a local hotel. From day one, the mission of CBC has always been to reach people with the good news of salvation in Jesus’ name, to teach people how to live the Christian life according to the Bible, and to help people through the hard times in life. We gather in large group celebrations for worship and in small groups for Bible study, fellowship, prayer, and ministry. More...