First Missionary Church, Berne, Indiana
Pastor of Student Ministries
Purpose: To provide vision, organization, and supervision to the Student Ministries of First Missionary Church (grades 6-college).
Responsible To: Senior Pastor, and accountable to the Church Board and to the congregation.
Gifting: Evangelism, Shepherding, and Teaching.
Skills: Relational intelligence, organization, team building and communication. Should possess a proven ability to connect biblical truth to the lives of students. Proven proficiency in the use of technology including: personal computer,
web-based tools, and social media.
- Develop and maintain a close relationship with Christ, seeking to walk as a Spirit-filled believer at all times.
- Develop a strong family life by regular interaction and consideration of family and the commitments that you have made with family members.
- Seek balance in your life through regular days off, recreation, exercise, and relaxation, and a strong work ethic.
- Keep growing in your personal knowledge and expertise through planned personal growth strategies through seminars or conferences (as available and approved) and acquaintances.
- Develop a life of prayer and the diligent study of God’s Word.
- Work diligently to reflect a life of personal integrity in your relationships, finances, and influence as a leader.
- Commit to resolving conflict in a positive, redemptive manner according to Matthew 5:23-24; 18:15-20.
- Maintain a positive attitude about yourself and your ministry.
- Maintain a high level of excellence.
- Work cooperatively with the staff team including pastoral, support, and volunteer staff members.
- Maintain confidences and loyalties to all staff members.
- Be familiar with, and faithfully follow the personnel and operational policies of First Missionary Church.
- Manage God's people, equipping them for works of service, (Ephesians 4:11-12).
- Support the purpose, values and vision of First Missionary Church.
- Model biblical financial stewardship by faithfully supporting First Missionary Church and participating in the support of world missions.
Ministry Responsibilities for this full-time position include but not limited to:
Local Church Ministry
- Support the vision, mission, and values of First Missionary Church.
- Develop, articulate and implement a vision for leading students (grades 6-college) to respond to God’s invitation to live in fellowship with the Lord through Jesus Christ, dedicating themselves to worship wholeheartedly, connect authentically, grow intentionally,
serve creatively, and reach compassionately.
- Provide pastoral direction, planning, and teaching for weekly student-focused services,
- Model and cast vision for a life of prayer for students, including a weekly student-focused prayer gathering.
- Weekly engage students in their environment – i.e., school, activities, community events, etc.
- Explore and engage avenues of outreach to the unreached families of our community through initiatives that impact the needs of students in our community.
- Actively train and engage students in missions through annual missions initiatives and trips.
- Formulate and administer the annual ministry plan and budget for Student Ministries.
- Maintain active volunteer ministry teams to facilitate all aspects of the Student Ministries of FMC.
- Develop and maintain effective streams of communication with students and their families regarding the vision, direction, and schedule of the Student Ministries of FMC.
- Assist with various aspects of Sunday services as directed by the Senior Pastor.
- Provide pastoral care that includes guidance, mentoring, hospital visitation, weddings, funerals, and other care as needed for those involved in Student Ministries.
Broader Kingdom Ministry
- Participate in and network with other student ministry leaders in our community and the Missionary Church USA.
- Participate in opportunities to pray with and partner with area churches in serving the greater Southern Adams County region.
To apply for the position please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Put Pastor of Student Ministries in the subject line and attach your resume in the email in .pdf or document format.