First Missionary Church, Berne, Indiana
Pastor of Student Ministries
Purpose: To provide vision, organization, and supervision to the Student Ministries of First Missionary Church (grades 6-college).
Responsible To: Senior Pastor, and accountable to the Church Board and to the congregation.
Gifting: Evangelism, Shepherding, and Teaching.
Skills: Relational intelligence, organization, team building and communication. Should possess a proven ability to connect biblical truth to the lives of students. Proven proficiency in the use of technology including: personal computer, web-based tools, and social media.
- Develop and maintain a close relationship with Christ, seeking to walk as a Spirit-filled believer at all times.
- Develop a strong family life by regular interaction and consideration of family and the commitments that you have made with family members.
- Seek balance in your life through regular days off, recreation, exercise, and relaxation, and a strong work ethic.
- Keep growing in your personal knowledge and expertise through planned personal growth strategies through seminars or conferences (as available and approved) and acquaintances.
- Develop a life of prayer and the diligent study of God’s Word.
- Work diligently to reflect a life of personal integrity in your relationships, finances, and influence as a leader.
- Commit to resolving conflict in a positive, redemptive manner according to Matthew 5:23-24; 18:15-20.
- Maintain a positive attitude about yourself and your ministry.
- Maintain a high level of excellence.
- Work cooperatively with the staff team including pastoral, support, and volunteer staff members.
- Maintain confidences and loyalties to all staff members.
- Be familiar with, and faithfully follow the personnel and operational policies of First Missionary Church.
- Manage God's people, equipping them for works of service, (Ephesians 4:11-12).
- Support the purpose, values and vision of First Missionary Church.
- Model biblical financial stewardship by faithfully supporting First Missionary Church and participating in the support of world missions.
Ministry Responsibilities for this full-time position include but not limited to:
Local Church Ministry
- Support the vision, mission, and values of First Missionary Church.
- Develop, articulate and implement a vision for leading students (grades 6-college) to respond to God’s invitation to live in fellowship with the Lord through Jesus Christ, dedicating themselves to worship wholeheartedly, connect authentically, grow intentionally, serve creatively, and reach compassionately.
- Provide pastoral direction, planning, and teaching for weekly student-focused services,
- Model and cast vision for a life of prayer for students, including a weekly student-focused prayer gathering.
- Weekly engage students in their environment – i.e., school, activities, community events, etc.
- Explore and engage avenues of outreach to the unreached families of our community through initiatives that impact the needs of students in our community.
- Actively train and engage students in missions through annual missions initiatives and trips.
- Formulate and administer the annual ministry plan and budget for Student Ministries.
- Maintain active volunteer ministry teams to facilitate all aspects of the Student Ministries of FMC.
- Develop and maintain effective streams of communication with students and their families regarding the vision, direction, and schedule of the Student Ministries of FMC.
- Assist with various aspects of Sunday services as directed by the Senior Pastor.
- Provide pastoral care that includes guidance, mentoring, hospital visitation, weddings, funerals, and other care as needed for those involved in Student Ministries.
Broader Kingdom Ministry
- Participate in and network with other student ministry leaders in our community and the Missionary Church USA.
- Participate in opportunities to pray with and partner with area churches in serving the greater Southern Adams County region.
To apply for the position please email email@example.com. Put Pastor of Student Ministries in the subject line and attach your resume in the email in .pdf or document format.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Youth MinistriesMountain View United Methodist Church
- Forest, Virginia
- January 19
Youth PastorGeorgetown Bible Church
- Hudsonville, Michigan
- January 18
Youth Pastor / DirectorWarren Community Fellowship
- Warren, Oregon
- January 18
Associate/Family PastorNew Life Community Church
- Irmo, South Carolina
- January 18
Director of Student MinistriesDaniel Island Fellowship
- Charleston, South Carolina
- January 18