Position: Associate Pastor (AP)
Praise Christian Fellowship (PCF)
Our mission is to help each other live for Jesus. We carry out this mission by helping each other:
- Grow in faith
- Serve others
- Share Christ’s love in our community and beyond
The Associate Pastor (AP) will be primarily responsible for assisting with pastoral ministry needs at Praise with a focus on leading the efforts of our church’s mission among students in grades 6-12.
- Personal faith relationship with and commitment to Jesus Christ
- Thorough knowledge of Scripture and a Bible-based, Gospel-driven approach to ministry
- Lifestyle reflective of stated commitment to Christ
- Passion for Youth Ministry with corresponding giftedness
- Able to recruit, train, encourage, and teach
- Able to work well with teams, follow direction, and provide leadership
- Vision for growth and development, both personally and corporately
- Skilled communicator, in relationships as well as from the pulpit
- Willingness to support and uphold CLB doctrine, PCF's Statement of Faith, Mission, and Constitution
- Willingness to become a confessing member of PCF
- CLBA ordination or willingness therein
- Masters of Divinity degree and ministry experience preferred
The AP directly reports to the Lead Pastor and will meet regularly with him for accountability, planning, and encouragement. The AP will attend and contribute to scheduled staff meetings.
This position is full-time (at least 40 hours per week); flexibility will be required as the church grows.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate based on experience.
-- Pastoral Ministry:
The AP will assist with pastoral ministry responsibilities, based on giftedness and the needs of the congregation. The AP will collaborate with the Lead Pastor in developing a Pastoral Ministry Plan consistent with the church growth plan and assist with its oversight and execution.
- The pastoral staff will share the preaching of the Word of God regularly.
- As part of the church staff, they will be expected to provide a general sense of direction to the congregation and a culturally relevant and Biblically true vision that will stretch the congregation beyond the status quo.
- The general responsibilities of a pastor as a “shepherd” are expected including pastoral acts such as baptisms, weddings, funerals and counseling.
- Pastors should regularly interact with both the congregation and the community as they build relationships through positive public relations.
- Other duties as assigned which would include work in one of the following areas: discipleship, assimilation, pastoral care or worship.
Area of Focus: Youth Ministry:
The AP will oversee the weekly programming of PCF's Youth Ministry that is geared towards the discipleship of students. This currently consists of Thursday night confirmation and youth group. The AP will research, oversee and execute an approved Youth Ministry Plan consistent with the church growth plan in coordination with the Lead Pastor.
- Research and follow curriculum for the Youth Ministry programs.
- Recruit, train and support volunteer ministry team members.
- Explore ways for students to serve in missions, teaching them the value of service and stewardship.
- Oversee planning and participate in monthly activities and retreats while creating ways for students to be involved in leadership roles.
- Communicate regularly with parents, students, and the rest of the church to keep them informed and supportive of the Youth Ministry.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Campus PastorChurchology Staffing
- Fargo , North Dakota
- December 6
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Church of Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- December 5
Operations PastorVertical Church
- Durham Area, North Carolina
- December 2
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Associate Pastor for Community Connection and Life DevelopmentFBC Mableton
- Mableton, Georgia
- November 30