LONG BEACH CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP
Job Title: Lead Music Minister
Hours: Part-time, 10 hours per week, but hours will vary each week
Will Report To: Brandon Cook, Pastor of Vision and Teaching
Lead musical worship at LBCF between 2 and 3 times a month and lead special worship gatherings (e.g., Ash Wednesday, Christmas Eve) throughout the year. Lead two band rehearsals a month (sometimes 1 extra during Lent and Advent).
Faithfully pastor and nurture the music community at LBCF. That includes overseeing and mentoring team members, developing discipleship relationships with team members, and providing opportunities for the team to grow in their skills and community connectedness as worship leaders.
Finally, this position means participating in the life of LBCF and, where possible, assisting the LBCF staff in various leadership capacities.
Work with our other Music Ministers and Coordinator to develop and administrate a vision for a comprehensive music ministry. The details of that vision may vary according to your unique giftings and strengths, but generally the following key responsibilities will be included:
- Pastor the music ministry community towards a vision of Spirit Filled worship in their individual and team worship experiences.
- Cultivate musical skills personally as a musician and for members of the music team as needed.
- Create/participate in opportunities for community and connection among the music community of LBCF to the body of LBCF.
- Plan unique musical programs for special holidays and events.
- Help identify, raise-up, oversee, and mentor volunteer music ministry leaders.
- Provide pastoral guidance and mediation to music team members when and as needed.
- Advise Music Ministry Coordinator on what, if any, workshops, retreats, or community events would serve the growth spiritually, emotionally, physically, and mentally of the music team.
- Lead a band rehearsal at least twice a month (except during January and July and August).
- Lead a Sunday morning rehearsal when leading Sunday worship.
- Lead Worship 2 to 3 times a month as scheduled between Sunday mornings and special services
- Communicate the worship community calendar/schedule to team members.
- Support Music Ministry Coordinator as needed in the administration of the music ministry (ie: scheduling, Sunday AM hospitality, etc.)
- Meet administration targets, such as posting music on-time and promptly replying to other communications.
- Meet at regular intervals with the Pastor of Vision and Teaching, the Music Ministry Coordinator, and other worship leaders.
- Participate in other areas of LBCF community life.
Competencies & Expectations
- Learn to live and love as a disciple of Jesus with a growing relationship with Jesus evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- Ability to fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of LBCF.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self-starter, and excellent at following through on details.
- Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Possessing strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain a healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
- Possess the ability to understand and to keep current on issues related to safety and security resulting in the implementation of associated activities and safeguards.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Technical / Video DirectorPeoples Church | Fresno
- Fresno, California
- December 7
Campus Worship LeaderCalvary Chapel Church
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- December 5
Director of WorshipTrinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Florence, South Carolina
- December 5
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Worship Leader/DirectorDetroit Church
- Midtown Detroit, Michigan
- December 2
Long Beach Christian Fellowship
Our vision is: disciples learning to live and love like Jesus lives transformed, a city renewed, a world restored. We are a community committed to following in the way of Jesus. We believe Jesus is the Savior of the world and the hope of human hearts. We also believe he came to teach us how to live a life of joy, abundance, and generosity, even in the midst of all life’s trials and circumstances. Incredibly, Jesus calls us to follow him and to be transformed by the love of God, that we may, in turn, love one another and others with the same h More...