Responsible for the administration and coordination of Children’s and Family Ministry, including children from infants through fifth grade and the support and growth of ministry to their parents. Responsible for upholding and promoting Colonial’s spiritual
and theological philosophies using methods that communicate the whole Gospel, address the needs of children and the parents of these children.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain a vision / philosophy that support and teach the vision and mission statement of Colonial Presbyterian Church.
- With assistance from the Director of Human Resources, interview and hire the Wornall Children’s and Family Ministry Administrators. Train, equip and supervise administrators.
- Submit the annual budget for Children’s and family Ministry. Obtain input from the department staff members in the process to assess needs and anticipated expenses for the upcoming fiscal year.
- Consistently manage and monitor performance of department administrators.
- Assist Administrators in recruiting, hiring, equipping, and motivating ministry partners.
- Plan and provide a variety of events for children and their families.
- Participate in meetings related to your responsibilities:
- Work cooperatively with other ministries, especially the Quivira Children’s Ministry and Wornall Youth Ministry teams.
- Effectively promote Children’s and Family Ministries.
- Facilitate the inclusion of children into the larger ministry of the church.
- Communicate the benefits of Children’s and Family Ministry to the entire church.
- Perform any other duties as directed and specified by your supervisor.
- Commitment to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and the desire to serve His Church.
- Passion for children and seeing them grow in their relationship with Christ.
- Educational background or extensive experience related to children’s ministry and/or family ministry. Strong knowledge of child development and age appropriate spiritual goals for children.
- Commitment to the development of faith, worship and integrity of Christian families.
- Strong leadership skills, exhibit energy, and enthusiasm. Experience in team-building and strong managerial skills. Ability to inspire.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize. Ability to problem solve in a wide variety of situations, from administrative and managerial situations, to interpersonal staff and parent situations.
- Creativity; ability to think “outside the box.”
- Emotional resilience and confidence with deep spiritual maturity and self-awareness.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.