First Alliance Church
Church Mission Statement: We aspire to be transformed followers of Jesus Christ who reach our neighbors and the world with living proof of a loving God.
25 hours per week
The Children’s Discipleship Director is the shepherd, leader, and overseer of all Children’s Ministry at First Alliance Church. This position is responsible to the senior pastor.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Attend Ministry Board meetings. (TBD)
- Conduct monthly Children’s Ministry Team Meetings.
- Oversee children’s ministry areas: Sunday School, Children’s Church, Friends Club, 2&3’s, Nursery & VBS.
- Recruit, train, and supervise new children’s ministry volunteers.
- Develop and lead training opportunities for all Children’s Ministry workers twice a year.
- Run background checks for new workers according to Safe Place policy.
- Research and purchase curriculum for Children’s Ministry.
- Prepare, maintain, and track budgets for Children’s Ministry.
- Develop Vision & Values for Children’s Ministry with Children’s Team lay leaders.
- Submit monthly reports to Ministries Board and Elder Board.
- Network with local Children’s Ministry leaders.
- Exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by: a conscientious work ethic, be willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate well with adults and children.
- Demonstrate discretion and maintain confidentiality of participants in children’s ministry.
- Demonstrate good organizational skills with attention to detail and an eye for excellence.
- Demonstrate characteristics of a self-starter.
- Demonstrate good time management skills for managing multiple, ongoing ministry projects.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the Bible.
- Endorse and support the local church and her mission as well as the ministries of the worldwide work of the C&MA.
- Maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and Christian community.
- Demonstrate passion for children and families.
- Bachelors degree in children’s ministry (or related degree).
- One to three years of relevant experience.
- Willingness to make a minimum of a one year commitment.
- Completion of a background check.
Please send resume to Rev. John C Stoeckle Jstoeckle@firstalliancehbg.com.