Discovery Christian Church is looking for a committed, energetic, self-motivated, creative person to add to our full time Pastoral Staff as Pastor of Student Ministries. This person will be responsible for the oversight and direction of
our Middle and High School students, grades 6-12.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a passion and commitment to nurturing and developing our students. We are looking for 3-5 years of full time experience in leading and developing a student ministry.
We are seeking someone interested in long term employment, not viewing this opportunity as a platform for the next level in another ministry.
We firmly believe a crucial aspect of a Student Pastor’s work is the recruiting, training and nurturing of volunteers to partner with him/her in developing an active and effective Student Ministry. In addition, we firmly believe the value and importance
of family dynamics through connecting with the parents of our students and the congregation as a whole. We are looking for someone who is passionate about socially engaging with the students inside and outside the ministry walls. We believe this happens through
developing a relationship with our area schools and involvement in the extra-curricular activities students participate in.
Responsibilities of Student Pastor include but are not limited to:
- Establish long-term teaching goals
- Will have the capability to know and operate Church sound equipment
- Work with adult youth leaders for the advancement of our youth worship band and overall leader support and discipleship
- Lead regular adult youth leader meetings
- Coordinate off campus student activities
- Create and implement opportunities for students to serve in the community
- Partner with Director of Children’s Ministry in the transitioning of fifth grade students
- Connect with area Student Pastors
- Connect with and establish a relationship with our area middle and high schools
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Participate in Sunday morning preaching rotation
This position will be under the direct supervision of the Executive Pastor.
Discovery Christian Church is a nondenominational congregation that is part of the fellowship of Independent Christian Churches. We believe the Bible is the Word of God and seek to interpret it and apply it to our lives. Discovery averages between 700-800
attendees in three morning worship celebrations. We are located in Moreno Valley, CA and currently have five full time and seven part time staff members. To learn more about Discovery Christian Church visit our web site www.discoverthelife.org. Interested
individuals should submit a cover letter, resume and current Student Ministry teaching video to
Joe Anderson, Executive Pastor at firstname.lastname@example.org