Job Description for
Children's Ministry Director
The Children's Ministry Director at The Church at LifePark will plan and implement ministry for children in lst
through 5th grade. The Children's Ministry will be focused on a dynamic and unforgettable Sunday morning
worship experience and discipleship program whose aim is to grow children in their relationship with Jesus
Christ. The overall Children's Ministry program will be consistent with The Church at Life Park Mission, which
is Connecting, Growing and Serving Together. The Mission is pursued through programs and activities that
address four programs and activities including corporate worship, organized ministry, relational small groups
and evangelistic outreach in an age appropriate manner.
The Children's Ministry Director is responsible for:
- Strategic Planning: Develop and implement the vision and strategic initiatives of the ministry;
- Overseeing and Empowering Staff: Recruit and develop dynamic staff members and assign tasks
consistent with consistent with the vision of the ministry and gifts and passions of the staff member;
- Recruiting Volunteers: Recruit, develop and empower dynamic volunteer leaders and helpers in
- Managing The Budget: Manage the approved budget within approved guidelines;
- Communication: Communicate important information to your supervisor, staff, volunteers, children
and parents in a professional and timely manner;
- Creating Excellent Environments For Ministry: Create excellent Sunday morning and outreach
experiences where kids are having fun and growing in Christ;
- Follow Up Plans: Develop follow up plans/systems with kids and families who have visited the
ministry to encourage them to come back;
- Other Duties: Work with your supervisor to collaborate on other ministry plans as needed.
The Children's Ministry Director reports to the Associate Pastor of Children and Students (also called Next
Generation Pastor) for The Church at LifePark.
Culture of LifePark
The Church at LifePark completed a new facility in March 2010 and is in the first phase of a 24 acre master
plan. The church is multi-generational and is growing in ethnic diversity. The church celebrates a blended
style of music incorporating old and new worship. The church seeks to build a culture which uses changing
methodologies without compromising the message of the gospel. The staff is a godly, highly energetic,
passionate and results oriented team. Sunday morning attendance averages between 1500-1600 and currently
has around 200 kids in 1st-5th grade. If interested, there is a ministry application packet available. Please
contact Janice Ketner, Admin. Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-654-7600.