Grace Community Fellowship
Grace Community Fellowship Profile
Grace Community Fellowship (GCF) is a nondenominational church founded in 1980. Located in the college town of Eugene, Oregon – population 145,000 (one hour from the coast, one hour from the Cascade Mountains, ninety minutes south of Portland). GCF has a congregation of 550 which includes 20 middle school and 30 high school students currently involved in student ministry. GCF is committed to love Jesus, with a mission to love people where they’re at and help them follow Jesus. With an intent to create an environment where everyone is comfortable no matter their church background or history, we use innovative ideas to communicate the message of Jesus in a way that is relevant to people today. Our congregation is a strong mix of ages that includes a number of young families filling our seats. To find out even more about GCF, visit www.gcfweb.org. For further information regarding GCF’s doctrinal beliefs visit www.gcfweb.org/a/our-beliefs/
The Youth Pastor is responsible for leading comprehensive middle school and high school programs as they relate to family ministry. Under the direction of the Associate Pastor, this position will set the vision for, plan, organize, and co-coordinate the leadership of the middle school and high school student ministry programs. This includes investing time with students; recruiting, training, supporting and coordinating volunteer leadership; coordination of student ministry events and retreats; and serving as a key member of the Grace Community Fellowship staff. The Youth Pastor is assisted by a part-time (20 hours/week) Youth Ministry Director.
Full-time, 12 Month, Benefit Eligible position. Salary: $35-$45,000 based upon relevant experience.
The Youth Pastor is directly supervised by the Associate Pastor.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide general leadership and vision to the middle school and high school ministry.
- Set and maintain vision and values for middle school and high school ministry.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate leadership to comprehensive middle school and high ministry.
- Teach on a regular basis in the middle school and high school gatherings.
- Acclimate to and support current family ministry programs.
- Support various functions and efforts of family ministry.
- Recruit, select, coordinate, set vision for, train, develop, and oversee volunteers.
- Plan, coordinate and administer a variety of youth programs including events, retreats, service projects, and youth outreach.
- Disciple and build relationships with students through on-campus visits, lunches, events, etc.
- Lead a small group of students of your same gender.
- Attend and participate in weekly worship service, church events and programs.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Coordinate a variety of meetings as needed and assigned.
- As a representative of Jesus Christ, integrity in all relationships is to be maintained (no dating of any student is allowed).
- Assist in managing the Annex (the youth ministry building) by maintaining equipment and taking care of the facility.
- Operate a computer and other office equipment as needed.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualification Requirements
- A developing heart for Jesus Christ and modeling that relationship to people within the church as well as in the community.
- A minimum of three years of experience in a multi-staff, multi-service environment.
- A track record of recruiting, training and retaining volunteer staff.
- A bachelor’s degree (Christian college preferred).
- Team Player with the ability to join and work within a team environment.
- Ability to lead and teach students in a small group setting.
- A strong willingness and desire to learn.
- Strong verbal communication and proven speaking ability.
- Able to operate in an environment of change (youth culture).
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Gifts of leadership, organization, teaching
- Basic computer, tablet, device, Internet usage skills, and the ability to use social media.
Formal job evaluations are performed on a yearly basis. Within the first year of hiring, a three-month job evaluation will be performed.
For consideration, please submit the following materials:
Cover letter addressing skills, experience and knowledge; Resume; contact information for three references; and Faith Story (500 words or less describing your faith journey/state of faith); and if available a speaking/teaching sample via DVD or YouTube. NOTE: job candidates will be subject to background check. Mail above materials to: Attention: Michael Fuller (Search Committee Chair), 989 Country Club Road, Eugene, OR 97401 or e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Screening for the position commences February 23rd, 2015 with an anticipated start date of June 1, 2015.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's & Student MinistriesFour Mile Presbyterian Church
- Beaver, Pennsylvania
- December 9
Pastor to Students and their FamiliesFirst Baptist Church
- Boerne, Texas
- December 8
Campus Student Ministry AssociateWestwood Community Church
- Minnetonka, Minnesota
- December 8
Campus Student Ministries Pastor(s)Parkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- December 8
Children's PastorChurch In The Son
- Orlando, Florida
- December 8