A HISTORY AND OVERVIEW OF CHRIST COMMUNITY CHURCH (CCC)
Christ Community Church has been one of Rochester’s most exciting church growth stories over the last 20 years. Originally, CCC was founded in 1967 by the Northwestern District of the Christian and Missionary Alliance, a conservative evangelical denomination.
Like many churches, the congregation struggled to break through certain stages of growth. For many years it remained a small church of about 100 people on a Sunday.
In 1993 the church made many dramatic changes. The name was changed, the church relocated, the style of worship changed, and the vision changed. Since then God has rewarded those initiatives with dramatic growth. The church has seen consistent and aggressive growth to about 1,500 in weekend attendance, and a broader church body of around 3,000. We have expanded the facility three more times and are looking at a potential relocation. CCC is a melting pot of religious backgrounds, with about 1/3 former Catholics, 1/3 former Lutherans, and 1/3 everything else. We have tried to create a culture that is contemporary, inviting, and relevant.
Many civic leaders are expecting Rochester to double over the next 20 years, allowing a great opportunity to reach people in one of America’s most educated and influential Midwest cities. CCC has been one of Rochester's most exciting church stories. And, we believe God is not finished.
OUR MISSION – Restoring Our Broken World
- Human value – We believe every human being is made in God’s image and has incredible intrinsic value. Therefore, helping, loving, and reaching others with the Gospel is our highest priority.
- Holistic Gospel – We believe that Jesus touched people’s needs as a door to open their hearts. Therefore, we will create and support ministries that meet both physical and spiritual needs.
- Grace orientation – We believe that every one of us is broken by sin and longs for a message of acceptance and grace. Therefore, we will teach God’s grace as the motivation behind our intended response.
- Caring community – We believe that loving relationships are transforming for believers and inviting for outsiders. Therefore, we want every adult to be connected in community.
- People development – We believe that every Christ follower is a potential world-changer in their unique place of influence. Therefore, people development at the highest level will be a priority for everyone.
- Cultural relevance – We believe that the church needs to be both changing and constant for each new generation. Therefore, we will change our forms regularly, but never our beliefs.
- We will develop leaders for Kingdom purposes.
- We will spread the Gospel at home and abroad.
- We will make the 4-14 window a priority.
- We will build strong family structures.
- We will encourage authentic community.
- We will promote holistic life stewardship.
- We will extend compassion to the vulnerable.
- We will provide effective infrastructure to support ministry.
THE POSITION OVERVIEW – PASTOR OF YOUNG ADULTS
The Pastor of Young Adults is responsible for the overall visioning, leading, strategizing, and executing of a dynamic and growing ministry to young adults within the broader vision, ministry and context of Christ Community Church.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Master’s Degree preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years of full time experience in a large ministry setting.
- Demonstrates the gifts of leadership, administration and teaching.
- Capable of recruiting, training and managing lay ministry staff.
- Proven record of effective interpersonal dynamics and positive relational interactions.
Event & Weekend Programming
- Provide creative and compelling gatherings, marked by excellence in communication, for both evangelism and discipleship.
- Provide connection points for young adults (college age, young singles, young couples) at every level of spiritual development.
- Continually evaluate existing ministry programming and make agreed upon revisions with young adult ministry team and the Pastor of Adult Ministry, as necessary.
- Provide ministry outreach and service opportunities for young adults in the community.
- Preach and teach in the public worship service at the direction of the Senior Pastor.
- Manage the overall recruitment and placement of young adults into groups.
- Identify, recruit, train, and evaluate small group leaders in coordination with the Pastor of Adult Ministry.
- Train young adults for leadership in other church ministries.
- Provide pastoral care for young adults.
- Meet with young adults individually in appropriate settings for the purpose of connecting with them on a personal level.
- Measure ministry progress and outcomes through systematic assessment of areas of ministry responsibility correlated with the mission, values, strategies, and strategic initiatives of the church.
- Develop, provide, oversee, and manage the budget for supervised ministry areas.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth/Creative MinisterBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Worship/Young AdultGod's Family Church
- Fresno, California
- October 16
Faith Formation CoordinatorTrinity Lutheran Church
- Kent, Ohio
- October 12
School of Ministry DirectorFirst Church of the Open Bible
- Des Moines, Iowa
- October 12
Director of Student MinistryKillearn United Methodist Church
- Tallahassee , Florida
- October 10