GracePoint Worship Leader Position
What you are about to read will tell you a little bit about us and we would like to know some things about you. We are seeking a team-minded leader who is willing to develop teams and passionately reach the people of Valparaiso where GracePoint is located. We aren’t interested in someone who is looking for a job, we want someone who is willing to invest in a community and be a part of what God is doing through GracePoint. Please read the following information and if it sounds like something you would be interested in then go ahead and contact us!
We opened our door into 2009 with just a handful of people. Our vision from day one was to create a church that unchurched people would love to attend. Five years later, over 750 people call GracePoint their home church. It's been an amazing move of God...and it's just getting started!
Here's two of our recent videos to show you a glimpse of GracePoint...
BAPTISM PARTY - https://vimeo.com/107950915 (Baptism Party)
5-YEAR ANNIVERSARY HIGHLIGHT - https://vimeo.com/107421501
A few of the churches we pay attention to and regularly learn from in style, vibe, church culture, creativity, and content:
North Point Community Church (Alpharetta, GA)
Elevation Church (Charlotte, NC)
NewSpring Church (Anderson, South Carolina)
Church on the Move (Tulsa, OK)
LifeChurch.TV (Edmond, OK)
Granger Community Church (Granger,Indiana)
Some of the most influential leaders we are listening to:
One of the books that best represents our church's vision and strategy is called "Deep and Wide" by Andy Stanley. Here's a brief description of it: Deep & Wide provides church leaders with an in-depth plan and strategy for creating churches unchurched people absolutely LOVE to attend. Andy writes, “Our goal is to create weekend experiences so compelling and helpful that even the most skeptical individuals in our community would walk away with every intention of returning the following week . . . with a friend!” If your team is more concerned with who you are REACHING than who you are KEEPING, Deep & Wide will be more than a book you read; it will be a resource you come back to over and over!
Our Core Values
1. Lost people matter to God, and therefore, matter to us.
2. We will do anything short of sin to reach people who don’t know Christ. To reach people no one is reaching, we have to do things no one is doing.
3. We teach the Bible in a simple, life-changing way that people can understand and apply to their lives.
4. We create an environment where people can come to church without being judged.
5. We do whatever it takes on Sundays, from start to finish, to create a lasting first- impression on every guest that walks through our doors.
6. We do just a few things well, because simplicity trumps complexity. If everything is important, then nothing is important.
7. Excellence honors God and inspires people. We will always bring our best.
8. Circles are better than rows. Life-change happens best in smaller groups.
9. We invest in the next generation. Young people aren’t the future church, they are the church right now.
10. Creativity helps connect people to a creative God. We will use culturally relevant methods to tell the story of Jesus in a compelling, convicting, and creative way.
11. We are all about the numbers because numbers equal people and people matter to God. Behind every statistic is a story. We will continually celebrate the numbers of lives that are changing.
12. Church is not a spectator sport. We are spiritual contributors, not spiritual consumers.
13. We will not cater to personal preferences. We stay focused on the people we are trying to reach, rather than the people we are trying to keep. The church does not exist for us. We are the church and we exist for the world.
14. We will lead the way with irrational generosity. We truly believe it is more blessed to give than to receive.
15. We will laugh hard, loud, and often. Nothing is more fun than serving God with people you love!
WORSHIP LEADER QUESTIONS
Tell us about your call to ministry.
Have you studied at a Bible college or seminary?
Can you coach a band and get the most out of them?
Are you comfortable and competent recruiting and building a team of musicians?
Are you able to say no to weak or poor musicians?
What are some of your favorite worship songs right now?
Who are some of your personal favorite worship leaders?
How familiar are you with media, tech (sound, video and lights)?
Can you work hard and play hard?
Are you engaging in worship and do you connect well with people from the stage?
Do you engage and connect well with people off the stage?
How would you describe your abilities when it comes to creative worship planning and brainstorming?
Have you taken the StrengthsFinder2.0 test? If so, what are your top 5 strengths?
Are you looking to settle down and invest in a community for a long time?
Have you read the book Deep and Wide? Are you familiar and comfortable with this philosophy?
At GracePoint we keep it super simple. No musicals, no Passion Plays, no choirs, no orchestras. SIMPLE.
Are you passionate about reaching the lost?
Are you comfortable with an externally-focused church?
Are you used to playing with a click?
Are you comfortable using tracks?
Who is the greatest boss you’ve ever had and why? What conferences do you go to?
Why are you looking for a new church?
STRAIGHT UP: Don’t send a resume if you can’t pull off songs by Passion, Hillsong United and Chris Tomlin. Don’t send a resume if you use a praise team or like to have a dozen people on the stage. Don’t send a resume if you’re not comfortable leading worship in jeans. But, if any of this resonates with you and you feel like our DNA, values and vision is a fit, let’s get together and talk!
We have been a "mobile church" for almost 6 years now. However, we just bought a warehouse and will begin renvoations in the next few months. It's an exciting time to be a part of what is going on!
If you are interested in the opportunity to be a part of our team please email Ben Lamb (Lead Pastor) at: firstname.lastname@example.org. YOU MUST INCLUDE REFERENCES. YOU MUST HAVE A VIDEO OF YOU LEADING WORSHIP TO APPLY. THE AUDIO IN THE VIDEO MUST BE CLEAR AND PREFERABLY TRACKED.
Our website is GRACEPOINT.ME
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of MusicOur Savior Lutheran Church
- Livermore, California
- September 25
Student and Children's Worship PastorGrace Point Church
- Bentonville, Arkansas
- September 24
Youth / Worship PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- September 23
Contemporary Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church
- LaGrange, Georgia
- September 23
Director of Music MinistryLiving Christ Lutheran Church
- Arlington Heights, Illinois
- September 23