Job Title: Financial Manager
Position Overview Non-Exempt
The Financial Manager provides energy and imagination toward the financial accounting and reporting functions for Trinity Presbyterian Church. The individual in this full-time, non-exempt position performs all accounting functions including payroll processing.
The Financial Manager serves as the “right hand” support to the Director Finance & Administration and, as such, this colleague shares critical responsibility for a wide variety of financial, human resource, and administrative functions.
Reports to: Director of Finance & Administration
Area of Responsibility: Pledges and Contributions
- Supervise and coordinate the staff counting team that receives Sunday offerings and weekly contributions from various sources and prepares corresponding bank deposits.
- Record revenue from all sources in the general ledger/contributions software.
- Administer and execute monthly electronic transfers for member pledges.
- Receive stock and mutual fund gifts, transact sales, monitor transfer of funds into appropriate accounts, and issue acknowledgement letters.
- Maintain accurate and current pledge database, tracking mid-year changes for individual pledging units.
- Issue quarterly statements and year-end contribution tax statements for contributors.
- Assist Director Finance & Administration with various aspects of the Commitment Campaign including mailings and reporting.
- Acknowledge memorial gifts.
- Respond to members’ contribution inquiries.
- Obtain thorough working knowledge of contributions software.
Area of Responsibility: Accounts Payable
- Perform weekly payables processing – including data entry & check processing.
- Assure all transactions, including church-owned credit card expenditures, have adequate substantiation.
- Assure the procurement of W-9 from vendors when appropriate. Issue annual 1099’s for contract workers.
- Serve as a liaison for vendors inquiries.
- Obtain thorough working knowledge of accounts payable software.
Area of Responsibility: Accounts Receivable
- Process invoices for the church’s Trinity’s Morning Out Program (TMO)
- Enter and process payments for deposit.
- Record monthly prepaid tuition income entries.
Area of Responsibility: Finance
- Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Generate required general ledger entries, including month-end and year-end closing entries, making calculations for accruals and deferrals as needed.
- Provide initial review of monthly financials, making appropriate adjustments where needed.
- Identify, and investigate anomalies in the general ledger through regular review of operating accounts.
- Prepare cash boxes as needed for “over-the-counter” cash receipts for various meals and events.
- Assist Director Finance & Administration with annual budget process.
- Prepare discovery for the auditor and assist as required during the annual review.
- Assure that all financial procedures are within established procedures and controls.
- Attend monthly Finance Committee and Quarterly Trustee meetings. Record minutes for both groups.
- Obtain thorough working knowledge of general ledger software and have a solid understanding of inter-fund/multiple-fund entries.
Area of Responsibility: Payroll
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll and submit to third party for processing.
- Import payroll data into general ledger.
- Perform monthly analysis of all payroll liability accounts, making adjustments/corrections as needed.
- Prepare quarterly salary and benefits reconciliations to assure accuracy
- Maintain payroll records and respond to payroll inquiries.
- Process and monitor 125 (Cafeteria Plan) deductions and reimbursements, assuring compliance with IRS regulations.
- Obtain thorough working knowledge of all payroll software and hardware.
Area of Responsibility: Human Resources
- Maintain employee files, assuring the completion and inclusion of all required documentation.
- Maintain employee benefits database including paid time off, salary history, and demographics.
- Manage employee benefits, including annual benefits elections, assuring compliance with applicable regulations.
- Serve as liaison with benefits providers.
- Obtain thorough working knowledge of human resource software.
Area of Responsibility: Trust Fund
- Assist the Director Finance & Administration with the ongoing operations of the Trust Funds.
- Prepare initial analysis of monthly earnings and fund reallocation.
- Prepare and make general ledger entries for Trust Fund activities.
- Assist the Director Finance & Administration with quarterly analysis and reporting.
Area of Responsibility: Other Responsibilities