The Bridge exists to see people's lives beautifully wrecked by the gospel in our city and beyond. And while these last few years have been a whirlwind of rapid movement and power, we’re just getting started. The Bridge is a fast growing Acts 29 church in Spring Hill, TN (south Nashville) that has grown from 80 to 800+ since 2008. This growth trajectory, coupled with a forthcoming relocation to a longterm facility with dedicated office space, has created a growing need for this role. To empower our leadership team to continue to aggressively make disciples, train leaders, and plant churches, The Bridge is hiring a full-time Administrative Assistant to give organizational support to our pastoral leadership team.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the administrative and organizational support of our pastoral staff. This includes leadership and coordination of the volunteer office support team, staffing of the front desk volunteers, document creation and distribution, handling of incoming and outgoing mail/email, and overall management of the operation of the church office. This person must possess an unyielding love for Jesus and the local church as well as a natural ability to execute at a high level as part of a fast-moving, creative leadership team.
- Fulfill the membership requirements of The Bridge
- Fulfill the character qualities of a deacon as outlined in Scripture
- Self-directed, solution-oriented, willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Mac OS X, Microsoft Office Suite, Pages, and Adobe Acrobat proficient (and other related applications)
- Possess an understanding of social media, communications, and website editing
- A proven track record in organization and administration is a plus
- Possession of a Degree in Business or related field is a plus
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the Office Support team in the creation, preparation and distribution of requested administrative tasks.
- Create documents for church staff as needed, including letters, informational flyers, postcards and other documents as directed.
- Create and send weekly E-news as directed.
- Coordinate all printing and copying jobs (handouts, posters, etc.)
- Manage follow up communication with guests and givers.
- Become a subject matter expert on the church database system.
- Order and pick up supplies for various ministry areas.
- Keep both the master church calendar and vacation calendar updated.
- Function as “go to” person for all matters pertaining to the smooth operation of the church office (reordering of office supplies, copier machine use and repair, coordination of office resource scheduling, ensuring the office is clean and orderly, etc.).
- Answer incoming calls on the office operator line and direct calls as necessary.
- Distribute regular mail daily.
- Handle Pastor Josh’s schedule.
- Assist with various administrative tasks and be available for emergencies and special projects as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
DIRECT REPORT: Executive Pastor
SCHEDULE: Sunday - Thursday
HOURS: 40-50 per week (must be available for special events, meetings, etc.)
COMPENSATION: salary + benefits
In order to apply for this position, please fill out the application in the link below (not the apply button):
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive PastorThe Meeting House
- Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- January 23
Accounting SpecialistRock Point Church
- Queen Creek, Arizona
- January 18
Business ManagerGrace Community Church
- Fremont, Ohio
- January 18
Executive PastorThe Worship Place
- Georgetown, Texas
- January 17
Church AccountantAdvent United Methodist Church
- Simpsonville, South Carolina
- January 15
The Bridge Church
The Bridge Church is a fast growing Acts 29 church in Spring Hill, TN. We have grown from about 80 to 1400+ since 2008. We're a gospel-centered church that exists to see people's lives beautifully wrecked by the gospel in our city and beyond.